Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I am Teds custom title. Not anything like the one
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok...my car is getting weirder and weirder..as im driving when i let go of the gas i hear a repetitive clunking sound,like a flat tire.. but only when i let go of the gas.. when i shift i get a clunk sometimes as well.. both of these problems are not constant so i dont know what it to think it is.. also when i start driving when i go into 1st and start moving i get a clunk also... wtf could it be?? i spoke to focusownerskid about it and he didnt know and im stumped on it... someone help!!

·
I am Teds custom title. Not anything like the one
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bingo!! and ya know i thought about that yesterday and didnt tighten them... i lost 1 lug and the rest were not far from coming off... i wonder how they got so loose when the other 3 tires are so damn tight...
now as far as the lug goes... do i need to have one sent from enkei to work for the rims? or just buy a new set from an auto parts store??

·
Where is my @#$ antenna?!
4,107 Posts
Just buy new spline drive lug nuts (assuming you needed tuner wheel lug nuts), you should be able to get one at a tire store, or if not for some reason, a pack of American Racing lugs is around $10 unless you order them from Ford for $100, lol...

·
Devil's Advocate. Just to cheese you off.
6,880 Posts
bingo!! and ya know i thought about that yesterday and didnt tighten them... i lost 1 lug and the rest were not far from coming off... i wonder how they got so loose when the other 3 tires are so damn tight...
1) Someone wants to kill you but have it be an "accident"
2) Someone was thinking of stealing your wheels then chickened out
3) Not properly re-torqued a few days after the last time you had the wheel off. You should always re-torque the lug nuts after about 100-250 miles when you've had a wheel off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts