Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Not so Photo Master
6,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
couldn't get the search to work today, so we'll take a stab at not reposting

http://www.ultimasports.co.uk/record.html

Driven by Ultima Director, Richard Marlow, the factory built Ultima GTR set a new world record time of 10.3 seconds to achieve 0-100mph-0 smashing the previous record by half a second. The British built super car stormed from 0-60mph in 2.8 secs and reached 100mph from standstill in an incredible 5.9 secs before coming back to rest a mere 4.4 secs later. The 100mph to zero braking time not including the drivers reaction time was just 3.97secs.

·
Premium Member
12,225 Posts
Wow, I wasn't expecting to see a carbed Chevy V8 in there. Nice.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
...and actually they beat their own best time. It is down to 9.8 seconds now.

I saw one of these in Denver. It was broken down in the left hand turn lane in a major intersection. hahahaha.

·
Not so Photo Master
6,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
chevy v8s are responsible for powering many monsters including the vector and a 250+ mph ferrari and don't forget Big Red

·
Registered
434 Posts
i have access to one of these beasts:) one comes to local car shows every month and sometimes he just takes it out on cruises. its owned by a chevy employee and he worked on it for a few years piece by piece if im not mistaken...ive driven it no lie...i could probably get videos at the next car show if people dont believe me

1 - 10 of 10 Posts