1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
883 Posts
I personally don't buy products if they don't show you the actual piece for our car. They show short rams but say this one is a CAI. They show intakes for other cars and not the Focus, I would advise you to pass-you have no idea what you're buying.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Dyno Proven to beat all Cold Air Intakes including AEM!
Where's the dyno sheet? I see at the bottom of the page there are two, one from a Celica and one from an IS300, but not one for the Focus. Just because an intake outperforms certain other intakes on one car doesn't necessarily mean that it will on every other car...there are just too many variables.

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
it's better because it's a Weapon <font color="red">R</font> intake!!!!!!111oneone!!!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's why I'm asking if anyone here know a little more/ or have it in their focus...

Their claims sound good... but we all know anyone can claim almost anything on ebay...

I guess I'll have to with the BOMZ intake... and get a better filter...

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
I just had the bomz installed 1hour ago, and it sounds nice, makes a nice psssssshhhhhhhhhhhh noise, and compared to my ractive intake its a big difference with the cooler air.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Also the filter that comes with the bomz is fine, putting a k and n on there isnt gonna make any noticable difference.

·
Registered
51 Posts
i would pass on the weapon R intake and go with the bomz, i have had the Bomz intake on my car for about a month now and i love the gains.... just stick with whats been proven

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
You get what you pay for with intakes...everyone I know with a Bomz has had joint weld failures and other problems. With my AEM, I've had NO problems and could clean it up and pass it off for new. Caveat emptor.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
HEAT sucks.... that intake will love the heat

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
i had one on my previous car, and it rocked the aem short

i n'stalled a weapon R intake "it was free"... then i heard so much about
AEM sold the weapon R bought the AEM man it was
once warmed up but the weapon r was fine in the summer
i dunno
kinda weird

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Get the bomz intake, and drill some holes in the bottom bracket and put zip ties around it, that way if it breaks u dont lose your intake. You cant beat a cold air intake for 45 bucks.

·
I have a golden finger
1,834 Posts
i have the AEM CAI Fakie...i mean the BOMZ... i totally dig it...granted, yeah, my bottom weld is snapped already, but its still in place, i haven't lost anything...it comes with a K&N like filter, which i'll probably be replacing with an ITG when time permits

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I installed one of these on another jetter's car here in Tampa. The fitment was HORRID! the MAFS harness was stretched almost to it's breaking point just to clip on because the intake tube was not fitted for a focus.

That could be easily fixed by cutting a couple inches off the tube... but all in all, I was thoroughly unimpressed with this intake.

If you're going Ebay-Style... i'd suggest the Bomz

1 - 14 of 14 Posts