Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found this sweet looking 01 sc2, fully loaded with 14k miles, sunroof, auto, and the 3rd door thing. awesome car and they said they'd trade me straight for my 01 zx3, 5 spd, fully loaded, w/ about 20kmiles, and about 2 g's in aftermarket.

the only reason i'm considering this is cuz i'm desperately in need of an auto, would love the sunroof, and i know i need a 4 door, but love 2 doors, so this is a compromise for the rear seat.

do you think this would be a good deal?

thanks
Matt

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
NEED an auto? For the love of god why? Driving an automatic is almost like sleep without the refreshing payoff.

·
Registered
283 Posts
i had a 99 sc1. DO NOT DO IT. the car lacks every thing and you cant see out of it. the blind spots are huge. i wouldn't do it, your taking a step backwards. but its your life so do what you like. just letting you know the horrors of saturn.

·
Registered
183 Posts
NOOO!! do u know how gay you would be? if its the sunroof that u like, put one in your focus. If its the third door you like, put one in ur focus, or use the hatch. If its the auto you like, ur gay. The focus is cool. The saturn doesnt even have a cool name. its letters and numbers and ****. sorry, been havin a bad day.
<edit>
From one matt to another... stop being a dork and keep your fat ride.
</edit>

[ 04-04-2003, 09:21 AM: Message edited by: mathew_bray ]

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
Seriously, why would you do that?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I drove a '92 SC (5sp manual) for 10 years before getting my SVT. I loved it.

After test driving the ZX3, I couldn't find any good reason to stop driving the Saturn so I waited for the SVT.

After 1995 though, I think they changed the gearing, and added some weight thus slowing it down some. Definitely avoid the smaller engine. The DOHC is great though.

Thumbs up for:
95,000 miles before the first broken part.
36 mpg mixed / 41 mpg highway (my experience)
Plastic body bounces (Boston On street parking)
Almost as much fun to drive as my SVT. Definitely had more fun with it than the ZX3s I've driven

I abused that poor car too. Plenty of off road time. I like redline too ;-)

I donated the car to charity because the car seemed to attract external "vandalism" by bad Boston parkers that I could never get insurance to pay for. Leather Interior held up great.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Well we used to have a saturn wagon. WE have been to hell and back with that car. The car had 115K on it when we traded it for our cars. It was a god car. As for going from a Focus to a Saturn, no. No. NO. NO NO NO. Why? Because no. Like he said, its a step backwards masn. What is the reason for an ATX? Wife need to drive or what? Teach her how to drive. Jeese just dont trade your Focus for a Saturn. Saturns are descent cars but i definitely think that Focus to Saturn is definitely like taking a paycut. L8er Jon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts