Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 03 SVT 2 door sonic blue that I purchased new. It just hit 50,000 miles. I've done an oil change religiously every year for the last 15 years since it only sees about 1,000 miles a year. Before that it was every 5,000 when I was driving it more frequently. All the fluids are original except brake fluid which I've changed about every 5 years. I don't drive it all in the winter. So what's the best things to tackle this winter?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have an 03 SVT 2 door sonic blue that I purchased new. It just hit 50,000 miles. I've done an oil change religiously every year for the last 15 years since it only sees about 1,000 miles a year. Before that it was every 5,000 when I was driving it more frequently. All the fluids are original except brake fluid which I've changed about every 5 years. I don't drive it all in the winter. So what's the best things to tackle this winter?
Those year Focus are notorious for rusting out around the doors so take a look at that. The sway bar links should be looked at as well. I'm not sure about the SVT but the ZX3 usually had the rear engine mount give out early too so make sure that's not an issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts