Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To those who have either purchased the package or sat in the seats, are the Recaros worth the upgrade?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
LINK TO SEATS PIC:

SEATS

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a screaming yellow Euro that I got back at the end of may.

To your question--

Are the seats worth the $3000.00 of the euro package.. Not if that is all you are after.

However count in all of the options and the seats go down to about $1500 and i would say yes.

So basically if you want all the options then they are worth the premium.

when i got mine I could care less about the Moonroof and Heated Seats. But I got the exclusive Yellow so to me it was worth it. I still never use the moonroof however the heated seats may come in handy at some point.

Brion Sohn

·
Registered
933 Posts
i have an 02 and sat in a yellow euro pkg and omg those seats are awesome, they are so awesome i want to steal them! i think the euro pkg is a nice upgrade to get! i would have got it if it was available when i ordered my car :p

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have had mine Euro SVT Focus for about 6 weeks. The main reason I bought the SVT Focus is the Euro package. I hated the stock seats in the SVT Focus. When I sat in the Recaro seats I was in love with them. Also the HID lights are second to none. I had a retal car in Germany with HID lights and after driving at night they were a must for the next car I purchased. It seems like alot of money for the package but I think it was $3400 well spent.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are the seats too snug or just right? I'm 5'10 and 260 lbs, so I'm not exactly skinny.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I test drove an 03 CD Silver SVTF with the Red cloth inserted seats, and it just didn't do it for me. They had the Comptetition Orange SVTF sitting in the show room so I sat in it. It is a completely different feel, and I liked it! Went home not ready to part with my 01 Escape XLT 2WD (LOADED) because although I really liked the Euro Package, I didn't want the Orange.

A week later I found a dealer that had the CD Silver w/Euro Pkg. I test drove it, and brought it home that night. I missed my Escape for about a day. It's hard not to love driving this car! I will eventually SC it, but it is fun enough for now. The butt warming feature is starting to get some use now that Summer is over, and it does heat nicely.

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
Congrats ElliSVT on getting your new 2003 CD silver SVTF w/Euro Package

·
Registered
55 Posts
I am new to the site. I just got the comp, orange03 w/recaro's in sept. and I love them. I think there worth it. just my two penns!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Anyone know if you can buy the Recaro seats from Ford? I bought the SVT w/ HID's like a month or so before the Euro package came out, and all I really wanted from the package was the seats. I wasn't a huge fan of the wheels.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Anyone know if you can buy the Recaro seats from Ford? I bought the SVT w/ HID's like a month or so before the Euro package came out, and all I really wanted from the package was the seats. I wasn't a huge fan of the wheels.
yeah, but the price will be pretty damn high.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Actually, the seats are not available from Ford as assemblies. They're not serviced that way. You would have to order them piece by piece and have the seat assembled. Totally not worth it that way. Better off getting the Euro package or trying to get the seats off someone else's ride.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts