Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so with randy basically out of tuning(from what I have heard) and me wanting to have someone local that can tune, retune, and dyno tune. I need to figure out how/what to do to tune out TC. The tuner will be using SCT and advantageIII. Does anyone know and are they willing to share what needs to be changed to make TC not function(on the ECU side)?

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
You can't tune it out. Pull the fuse is the only way to completely disable t/c. Which also disables abs.

No other way

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can tune out the ECU portion, which is my concern. Tom knows how, but he isnt going to share that with me. I have read terrible things about pulling the fuse. Mostly that brake distribution is horrid.

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
Besides pulling the fuze, which I've also heard is not a good idea, a better way is to swap the ABS/TC module for an ABS-only module.

Are they selling remote SCT tunes at McNews these days?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure, my goal is to have a local shop/buddy do the tuning so I have easy access for dyno tuning and track tuning. The problem is he isnt familiar with the SVT focus and doesnt know how to disable the ECU side of TC. So I was hoping someone here knew how to do that with SCT and was willing to share.

There is this, but I feel like there is more to it than that.

·
Bacne..
2,690 Posts
Talk to Blivit --> http://forums.focaljet.com/member.php?u=92172
He had a SVT and works for SCT. There was a thread while back where he went over a lot of the SVT T/C stuff and the problems.

IIRC, like G mentions, swapping the ABS/TC unit it the only sure fire option. The T/C strategy in within the ABS computer and not the ECU. SCT can not tune the ABS computer. So T/C can't be completely disabled.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah, Ill have to get around to the ABS module at some point.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts