Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any one know of any carbon hoods for the 05's yet, i remember seeing a post somewhere about the invader type one, but i would prefer an oem look if possible. there was some dents on my hood from the dealership and i talked them into cutting me a check for it instead of fixing it. so, on that note, please let me know of all the carbon hoods available for 05's. thanks

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
except for that one you mentioned there isn't any other one or an OEM style one out yet

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
Just a side note, if one comes available from CFX, they aren't worth the money. I would expect absolutely perfect fit from a hood that cost around $900 to my door. Just because it's CF doesn't mean it has to be modified or have flaws.

·
The best part about me is that I think I am better
4,481 Posts
Just a side note, if one comes available from CFX, they aren't worth the money. I would expect absolutely perfect fit from a hood that cost around $900 to my door. Just because it's CF doesn't mean it has to be modified or have flaws.
modified?
we have installed 7 of these now and we have yet to modify one hood to make it fit. all of the ones we have touched have been perfect... any issues you or anyone else has had is more likely from impropper install.

also please note the difference between CND and USD when looking at prices.

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
My memory of the cost was incorrect, it was $752.00 US.

The dimensions that are 'off' are consistent from one side to the other, I have informed CFX of this point a couple times. With the hood closed the gap (between the edge of the hood and headlight) from the rear/top corner of each headlight increases ON BOTH SIDES as you follow the edge of the hood to the front. IN other words the hood tapers too much, by about 3/8" ON BOTH SIDES. It is centered perfectly and closed/latched. How is this an improper install? The line along each fender is perfectly straight and the same gap on each side. There is too much rubber gasket showing at the front corners of the hood, between the edge of the hood and the headlight. Uhhh, fitment issue? Not in this lifetime. Your comment on something you were not involved in nor had a part in the fitment of, is a bit bold. Yours worked, mine did not. No one's perfect, so CFX has a sour review from someone. I'm not going to gloss over an obvious issue, I'm just disappointed in aftermarket manufacturers and now CFX is on that ever growing list. This hood isn't junk by any means and the finish is really quite good, it just doesn't measure up to $752.00 and a rep from other customers of being the best available.

·
The best part about me is that I think I am better
4,481 Posts
i have not noticed that on any of the cars we have done, i'll check a couple of them this weekend...
even so, that's a pretty minor issue compared to what your first post suggested. you made it sound like your hood didn't fit at all and had all sorts of defects. i'm all for telling it like it is but if you are going to offer a negative heads up to people, atleast explain what the problem is with some details.

and $750?
i sell the same hoods as CFX for $650usd???
oh and CFX doesn't make the hoods, gemini does, CFX just rebadges and sells them. if there is a problem like you say, shoot me some pics, i'll show it to the guys at Gemini and we will get the next batch fixed!

thanks!

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
I just re-read my post and it says:
"Just a side note, if one comes available from CFX, they aren't worth the money. I would expect absolutely perfect fit from a hood that cost around $900 to my door. Just because it's CF doesn't mean it has to be modified or have flaws." this doesn't suggest the "...hood didn't fit at all.." it says nothing to that effect. It also doesn't suggest "...and had all sorts of defects". The dimension I referred to is the 'flaw' and I was very specific on that point, the modification that was needed however, that I decided not to air for all to see (but if you insist) was once this was set up perfectly centered I had to dremel the opening for the spring pin to recess into or it would not latch. It closed and latched fine once dremeled (a small radius about a 1/4") except for the gap I have already described earlier and all things considered there was little room for any tweaking anyway, it's not like the hinge holes were slotted or anything was really made for adjustments. In response to this issue with "Gemini" I have never been referred to them in any of my emails to CFX, all my dealings were with CFX and no one in the group buy ever mentioned "Gemini" there either.

Regarding the cost, I double checked Paypal, and since that included shipping, so be it, shipping is part of the cost so as I said it cost me $752.00 US. Having the issues I have already covered, is not what I expected from this kind of money for a CF hood.

·
Registered
168 Posts
My CFX hood fix perfectly and looks great. I give it 2 thumbs up! Talk to Duane about it if you have a problem, he seems to stand by his product 100%.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts