Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a grill that I really like on some european website. It's supposed to fit on the MK2, but I was wondering if it would fit on my ZX4. Here's the pic:

Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
sorry, i cant see the pic, only a big red x. you got a link???

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Darn, I really want a different grill for my ZX4. Steble01, I see that you have a ZX4, any suggestions on places to find a grill or any other aftermarket parts for that matter?

And no, I can't give a link. It censors the URL.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Just buy a painted one from Ford

Painted grilles came only on the ST in '05
So depending on what color car you have....you can get it already painted from Ford for $60

(I also added ST fog light bezels if you notice in the 2nd pic)

Before & after pics of mine:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine already looks like the 2nd pic. I want the metal outlining with black mesh, like the first pic.

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
Mine already looks like the 2nd pic. I want the metal outlining with black mesh, like the first pic.
Just buy it from Ford.

..though it looks like a downgrade to me. Body color is sexy..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That seems to be the suggestion I've been getting (buying it from Ford), and I would feel stupid if I hadn't already tried this. But, I did, and the Ford guy said they didn't have a parts list that I could choose from. So, either he's an idiot (very possible), or I'm missing something.

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
You're not an idiot... you just seem to have found a parts person that isn't very helpful.

Just buy a grill for a "2005 ZX3"... that'll do it. All of the ZX3s have the chrome surround.

If not that, try a more helpful parts person at another Ford dealer, OR have a friend research the part number and supply that to the parts guy.

...OR, since most people on Focaljet remove that grill for the paint-to-match one, I bet there are at least a dozen people out there with used chrome ones, including the person posting above.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I'm keeping my stock chrome grille, sorry

But post a WTB and you shouldn't have a problem finding the chrome one since most people don't like it and/or don't want it

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
ive also seen some billet ones on ebay, though they look like crap to me. i would agree (and not just b/c i have one) that the paint matched is the way to go.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Just buy a painted one from Ford

Painted grilles came only on the ST in '05
So depending on what color car you have....you can get it already painted from Ford for $60

(I also added ST fog light bezels if you notice in the 2nd pic)

Before & after pics of mine:

Are the 2005 fogs the same as ST? or did you just double stick tape the aluminum bezzle on it?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Are the 2005 fogs the same as ST? or did you just double stick tape the aluminum bezzle on it?
The fog lights are the same, but the bezel is different.

On the ST, they have a silver painted ring that is attached to the bezel (it doesn't come off)
Meaning only the bezels (for the fog lights) are different between the ST & a regular Focus

Both ST foglight bezels were $50:

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have an sonic blue 05 zx3. It came with the stock chrome grill. I went to ford parts online and they do not offer the colered grille in blue. Dit the ST ever come in blue? no grill mod for me because my car is blue?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Just paint the mother [censored]
Thats what I did and it work great.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have a chrom grille that I would be willing to trade if your is the right color. Check your PM.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts