Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 Focus hatch. I was at the shop today intalling an intake and well we all thought the engine was a zetec but aparently now i found out its a duratec. so we had to cut apart an intake for a zetec and got it to fit a duratec tonight lol.

Anyway I need to know if there are intakes available for my car and an catback exhaust. Because my shop is going to do the measuring for an custom exhaust on thurs and i wanna see if I can get something else. also if there are any other hp gain items i can put on the car.

btw whats the hp for the duratec.

thanks
alex

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
You'll find a nice list of Duratec products here. Most of the intakes and exhausts listed will fit, the ones that won't will be marked.

IIRC, the Duratec 2.0 is rated at 135 horsepower. It's just a little more HP than a Zetec, but it's got a nice advantage in torque.

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
What do you plan to do with it? Are you going to stop at the intake and exhaust, or are you going for a header, cams, etc?

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Wow, how could you mistake that motor for a Zetec?

2nd off, how on earth did you make a Zetec intake fit?

I don't even think any of the bends would work. You would be better off making one out of scratch.

Also, if you are just looking for simple stuff.

Marcy Intake = $180
MBRP Exhaust = $200

Easy bolt on mods, no custom hack work.

- Drew

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol it basically was made frm scratch with an aem filter. ill get a screeny up one day. yeah i wanna add headers also

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
F2's intake is priced at $185.00 shipped. Comes polished or powder coated black.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
F2 also has a catback exhaust for $299.00, call us or e-mail us for details.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
duratec has 136 hp, not 135...

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
yeah i wanna add headers also
You'll want to look at a 2.5" exhaust, then. The TruBendz is the only cheap choice there. You could also get the Borla ($400), the HKS ($600), or the Cosworth ($600) exhausts.

·
I have wonderous butt cheeks
8,054 Posts
duratec has 136 hp, not 135...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA.
Like that 1 hp really matters when the "measurement" is off of the block. It's a general number that Ford throws out. You're not going to get the exact same numbers from any two cars anyway. 136, 135, its all the same until its dynoed.
And that "Duratec" term needs to quit being thrown around like "Band Aid" and "Kleenex."

·
I have wonderous butt cheeks
8,054 Posts
Someone sounds jelous Mievil.... But as with what FocusRacer05 said, I have a question for you, should you really be doing anything to it if you dont even know the type of motor? Just wondering.

-Ryan
Not jealous at all. I'm a 2.3 owner.

·
Registered
7,109 Posts
Have you guys at F2focus dynoed any of your parts on a bone stock car?
-bix

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
F2Focus has a good exhaust but its 2.25' can i still get hp gains by adding a better headers and installing there exhaust?

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
You'll get some gains, yes. But if you're going to add headers, a 2.5" will get you more power. 2.25" exhausts are good for cars that will stay mostly stock.

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
get the Cosworth Stage 1 kit from FocusSport.
But that's not an exhaust.

·
DoubleStuf™
3,716 Posts
And it doesn't do much for TQ... might wanna research your facts there.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts