Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
06 ZX4 2.0 Auto, daily driver
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. This is my first post on here, hopefully I'll get this right.
I have an 06 ZX4 that's all stock. I want to put some lower springs, shocks, struts in it to make it handle better and eliminate the goofy 4x4 stance it has currently.
It's a daily driver that had the terror squeaking, phantom rear steer. I just replaced all bushings in rear with poly.
In other words, the suspension was a disaster before all this and now with poly, I am not looking for a super smooth ride so much as a ride that I feel comfortable having a bit of fun with at this point.
I have been looking at the SVT suspension # M-18000-ZX3B struts and shocks.
I want to pair this with the H and R Sportline springs. Info I can find says the springs lower f/r 1.3"/1.4" respectively. I am having difficulty determining if the springs and shocks are compatible.
I don't think there was ever a 'factory's SVT in 06 but I can't imagine Ford deciding to use the stock spring height in my car to provide ANY level of road and track 'performance'. I don't think the 1.3" drop is extreme nor a lot different from what I expect a factory SVT would have been available with.
Has anyone ever used these SVT shocks with a lowering spring in an 06 or 07?
Does anyone have any other suggestions that will keep this in the low dollar range still?

Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those coilovers look NICE!!! I think I might look into them for a different project that's coming up. I am concerned about putting stuff like that on this car due to cost. Like I'm not putting dressed up rim's and tires etc on it either.
It's a daily driver that is likely to teach 15 1/2 year old kiddo how to drive as well.
This needs to be a budget build.
If he decides to keep it, these might even work for Focus 2.0, 3.0 build.
Thanks for posting these!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice! How much do you think it lowered your car? Is 1.5" about right like H & R says?
Were you able to keep using factory arms for a good alignment? The car came used with the adjustable cam bolts for the LCA. I just put a new pair back in it.
I just got the rear of the car back together with polyurethane bushings. It fixed ALL the drama back there but now the front issues and dead shock are real obvious. I'm getting pretty excited to get this car done now.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Orders placed for H & R's and FRPP struts and shocks. I have a pair of arms that will be getting poly bushing and new ball joints.
Sway bar links and poly bushings, pair of hubs and bearings and we will be ready for another 200k!

Thanks for your help!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts