Registered
1,843 Posts
Re: 1/4 times on \'05 2.3L

Get those 60 foots down and you will be good

·
9 and 3 Damnit! 9 AND 3!!!!!!!
9,347 Posts

you should be lots lower than that you will be faster as you better those driving skills

·
Registered
2,945 Posts

you should be lots lower than that you will be faster as you better those driving skills
Disable the traction control dude.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts

wow, is that car an auto?

how do you run a almost 12 second 1/8th with the 2.3
in my old focus i ran a 10.2 stock in the 8th. :-\

Brent

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

thats why I didn't want to post these, but others said I should... I am NEW at running the 1/4 mile... those were my first two runs ever... I am taking off at the wrong times and shifting at the wrong times... eg: before 6500RPM which I shouldn't be doing... I gotta practice more...

·
Registered
2,611 Posts

Shift when you start feeling the car lose power or its not pulling as hard. I mean the MPH is nice, but yeah.

brent

·
Registered
2,945 Posts

Disable the traction control dude.
What I mean by this is that you should disable the traction control by yanking the relay out from the under hood fuse box when you are at the track.

That will shave a bit off your times.

·
Registered
8,101 Posts

eg: before 6500RPM which I shouldn't be doing... I gotta practice more...
Actually, it's best not to hold a non-cammed 2.3 until redline. The cams make little power above 6,000, and you run the risk of a nasty valve float. But then, I don't have any 1/4 experience either, so there may be an advantage I'm not seeing.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

hmm, does traction control enable even though I have it turned off via the button?

pitchblack23: thanks for the tip...

·
Registered
2,945 Posts

hmm, does traction control enable even though I have it turned off via the button?
Unfortunatly yes it does.

All the button does is delay the traction control from engaging. Ask the svt guys all about it.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

sounds good... I did eh hem... bypass the fog relay... I will go yank it out... never needed it anyways...

·
Registered
2,945 Posts

sounds good... I did eh hem... bypass the fog relay... I will go yank it out... never needed it anyways...
I wouldn't just yank the relay permanently. If you do then your abs will not work and you will forever have a light on the dash. Track removal, or some have made a special switch to disable at will. Also you can tune it with sct so that the button will completely disable the system.

Ask the svt guys in the svt forum.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

lol... see, shows you how much I know about cars... lol... ok... sounds good...

·
EAT MORE CORN DAMNIT!!!!
3,070 Posts

First off.... in an '05 when you turn off the T/C it's off... unlike the SVT's....

Second... keep trying... I ran a 16.04 in my ST when it was stock... all it takes is some practice.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts

i was gonna say, b/c when i had mine switched off via the button, i lit the tires up in the rain and spun through second gear very easy. wheel spin was a couple seconds long and it never kicked back on.

·
Registered
30 Posts

I guess I was pretty naive to think everyone can get the same 1/4 times as Road and Track. I'm anxious to see how crappy my times would be with my 2.0 Dura.

·
Registered
192 Posts

Dont be embarressed about your times.I will say that if you look at my sig. I have alot done to my 2.3 and yet I have never raced on a track...I am the guy that goes light to light or on the freeway.My times will be bad the first time that I roll on a track.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

heh as everyone says, practice makes perfect... I am going down both friday evening and saturday evening...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts