Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night in Florissant, MO a 19 year old guy was killed while street racing. When are these punk kids gonna realize the seriousness of this.

Apparently two Mustangs were racing down Patterson Road (a 5 lane road). One car lost control and went across 2 lanes into oncoming traffic hitting a van head on. The two people in the van were injured but thank God they were not killed. Unfortunately, the driver of the other Mustang fled the scene.

It's sad to see someone lose their life over something so stupid, I'm just glad that no innocent people were killed.

People please...take it to the track! All you are doing is making it difficult for all of your friends who are car enthusiasts to enjoy having a car that "stands out" in the crowd. Show some maturity and drive sensible. The police are really cracking down on cars that "stand-out" or fit the "street racing" description, meaning alot of us will, unfortunately, be targeted.

Not all of us are idiots behind the wheel, but we all suffer for the few idiots that are.

Sorry for the rant...just gotta vent on this topic!

·
Registered
584 Posts
Dude i hear what your saying. The street near my house is like a 1/4 mile track. They need to install traffic lights closer together to stop light to light racing.

[ 04-23-2003, 10:37 AM: Message edited by: pinKRUSHER ]

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
in this case, its more stupid MUSTANG kids than street racing

I noticed that the stupidest drives, are teenagers in a mustang, those fags are so ****y, so stupid and so slow....but they think they are fast cause they have a V8 and a GT badge

Teenagers in Mustangs are the worst, i hate them dearly

Theres a buncha morons in my neighberhood, that drive by my house when im working on my car, rev and drop the clutch and lay some rubber down in the freaking community road in front of my house...im like "WTF" ****er?

They'd get owned if they ever raced me...cause they dont realize those things are not fast
and therefore, should stop street racing

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
Originally posted by nazthug:
in this case, its more stupid MUSTANG kids than street racing

I noticed that the stupidest drives, are teenagers in a mustang, those fags are so ****y, so stupid and so slow....but they think they are fast cause they have a V8 and a GT badge

Teenagers in Mustangs are the worst, i hate them dearly

Theres a buncha morons in my neighberhood, that drive by my house when im working on my car, rev and drop the clutch and lay some rubber down in the freaking community road in front of my house...im like "WTF" ****er?

They'd get owned if they ever raced me...cause they dont realize those things are not fast
and therefore, should stop street racing
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Umm, that is quite possibly the most inane post ever. Making distinctions about street racing stupidity is about as valid as making distinctions about being dead. Street racing and steet racers are stupid. Much like being dead, there are no degrees. This isn't The Princess Bride; you cannot be mostly dead.

·
Registered
410 Posts
1500 Americans died of cancer today too. 1000 from smoking and 250 of them women who died of breast cancer. Since we are busy informing people about the plights of our society, i thought i'd interject with something that is an ACTUAL PROBLEM. These stats are even more readily available but do people stop smoking? Nope. In fact it's on the rise. I'm sure people die every day from street racing, but you telling people how dangerous it is, is like me telling someone that smokes, or hell, hang-glides how dangerous it is.

[ 04-23-2003, 11:29 AM: Message edited by: TbirdJayC ]

·
Registered
410 Posts
Every time i walk into a restaurant and i have to sit by some jerk silently killing himself with cancer sticks and blowing his diseased air in my face, i remember that smoking is a problem too. But society has come to grips with the notion of "Acceptable losses", and 1 dead 2 injured, compared with thousands dead, just isn't going to make a splash. I mean I agree it's wrong, and I do not partake, but some of you guys treat it like it's Stalin.

[ 04-23-2003, 11:34 AM: Message edited by: TbirdJayC ]

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by TbirdJayC:
...I agree it's wrong, and I do not partake, but some of you guys treat it like it's Stalin.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I'm not trying to be all "High and Mighty" if thats what you're implying. I'm not saying I've never done anything stupid in my life such as this either. We were all young and have done some dumb things before.

While I agree there are alot of other problems that are far more serious than this, I still feel these guys should be punished for what they've done.

As for the driver of the one car, he is dead so I guess he sealed his own fate, but the other guy should also be charged.

Again, I'm not saying I "know all" or anything like that...I just hate to see innocent people being killed because of some kids' stupidity and I hope they get what's coming to them.

·
Registered
410 Posts
In this case, I agree with you. But the last case in here was a 17 yr old kid who died in his brand new, modded RSX-S. You're telling me a 17 yr old bought himself a 25k dollar car + mods? No way. In that case it's the parents that should be charged. Either that or even more stringent insurance rules, and higher prices for <25 yr olds that NEED to have fast cars. People complain about NJ's insurance policies and high costs, but this is one of the things high costs for young drivers helps prevent.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Originally posted by pinKRUSHER:
Dude i hear what your saying. The street near my house is like a 1/4 mile track. They need to install traffic lights closer together to stop light to light racing.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">All you need is a surprise speed bump every so often. That will definitely slow em down. L8er Jon

·
Registered
636 Posts
In this case, I agree with you. But the last case in here was a 17 yr old kid who died in his brand new, modded RSX-S. You're telling me a 17 yr old bought himself a 25k dollar car + mods? No way. In that case it's the parents that should be charged. Either that or even more stringent insurance rules, and higher prices for <25 yr olds that NEED to have fast cars. People complain about NJ's insurance policies and high costs, but this is one of the things high costs for young drivers helps prevent.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">your stupid... the charging the parents thing is the stupidest thing i have ever heard. go dig your self a hole and put your self in it.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Holy ****....................... What the hell makes you think the parents are responsible?? YOu can buy your kid a frikin sedan and they can still race it. **** happens when you drive stupid. There is nothing wron with buying a nice car for your kid. The way they drive it isnt something that can be controlled by the parents. I am 17 and i have done a lot of **** that my rents would kill me for. BUT i dont race in the streets. Its not smart and you can get kill. It doesnt matter what car you have or who bought it for you. It matters how much sense you have in your head and whether or not you can make a god judgement. Jeese.

Ok im done. L8er Jon

·
Registered
316 Posts
I will say this and this is from experience i know alot of street racers.. there are places and times to do these things i agree it should be made more strict like 5 years for street racing but then who would regulate this.. police if you drive fast next to some1 and they speed up " street racing".. know what i mean.. but this is what i say if you street race which i hope no one does do it where no one travels not even deer b/c they don't need to die b/c of some anus with an intake and a APC muffler..or better yet don't do it at all.. save yourself and others man..i hate it but if you street race you are putting yourselves and other in danger...and on a side note people who smoke do it to themselves they know what they are doing.. a family going to great adventure and getting hit head on from an anus driving like a pro- they don't know what they were getting into when they were taking the trip...

well that's my .02 sorry for the long post...

·
Registered
410 Posts
Fine, it's nobodys fault but their own i guess. Then again, if they didnt have a car, they couldnt race it. But OK, i'll get past that. Then raise insurance rates/penalties. If you are caught racing, you lose insurance, or you get surcharges, hell they do it for DUI, why not racing. I'm all for higher insurance rates, driving is a priv, not a right, and you should have to pay to play.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
yeah.. uhh.. my first car was a mustang gt convertable pretty well modded engine and exterior. They are ****y cars by nature, thats how ford wants them to be. so naz, you hate me? well one thing i know youd hate is to be on the recieving end of a whooping by me, and that mustang. you dont have a lot of friends do you? To say you hate ever kid in a mustang shows a real lack of thought, and intelligence. and yes, put the equal amount of money into a mustang that you have put in a focus and im pretty sure the mustang has a good chance of winning.

around here the police enforce laws like display of power very heavily, because yeah its dumb to rev up your engine or sqeal the tires every time you see another sporty looking car. anyway no more lectures about street racing, everyone on this site should know its wrong, considering we arent allowed to talk about it. when your maturity level is above your ego, a car can pass you and you dont have to do anything about it.

Jon

[ 04-23-2003, 04:38 PM: Message edited by: jonszx3 ]

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
...I just watched "From Hell" the other night, but yet i dont feel the urge to go kill streetwalkers in a top hat and cape at all. Movies are movies. If you can't make that distinction by 17, then you're not really a contributing member of society anyway.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Very well said!! I listen to Marilyn Manson but I don't believe in Satan. It's music. (but hey, that's a topic for another thread)

There are a lot of good ideas in here as far as trying to stop it however it's an issue that will never really be resolved, I'm afraid.

I certainly agree raising insurance rates for younger drivers is probably the best way to keep kids thinking while driving. Now before you "youngins" start to yell at me, I paid a lot for my insurance when I turned 16. I worked hard and sunk every paycheck into fixing up my ride and paying my insurance. I was passionate about my cars and I respected the right to own and drive one.

Like most things, if you, yourself have to work hard to pay for something you're more likely to respect it because you understand how hard you had to work for it.

Just my .02$.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by nazthug:
...I noticed that the stupidest drives, are teenagers in a mustang, those fags are so ****y...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I have to say, I always seem to have some punk kid in a Mustang that wants to race me. I just let them go ahead and think they are cool. I know the real truth...foci are cooler.

Considering I also own a 2001 Mustang GT, you don't hate me, do ya?

·
Registered
582 Posts
I can't get terribly excited about the street racers that set up semi organized events in industrial areas at midnight. No innocent bystanders to get killed. They kill themselves or maybe the not so innocent bystanders that gathered explicitly to view an illegal racing event. Survival of the fittest and all that.

It's the morons like this that go out in traffic and kill or injure innocents that really get my goat. But, it's the first group that the popo spend their resources on...

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by garyrich:
It's the morons like this that go out in traffic and kill or injure innocents that really get my goat. But, it's the first group that the popo spend their resources on...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">TRUE.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts