Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
100 Post minimum Rule - \"stick it where the sun don\'t shine\"

I've been a member here since 2002 and have amassed some 90 odd posts, at least some of which have probably offered good information to fellow members. My recent review and comments on my Powerworks install is a good example.

So, I ran an ad for a couple of items only to have said ad deleted due to failure to meet a 100 post minimum to advertise items for sale.

It seems that if I had chosen to throw in a few more "quote"; "I agree, way-to-go-brother" type of bullchip postings over the last three years I could have easily passed the 100 post threshold and would be entitled to post items for sale.

I suggest that you review your policy in this matter and consider a cross reference between postings and term of membership. It seems unlikely that a member would hatch some elaborate plot to hang around for multiple years to wait out the ability to spam your "for sale/wanted" zone and/or rip off the membership.

·
Super Moderator
12,436 Posts
Re: 100 Post minimum Rule - \"stick it where the sun don\'t shine\"

I suggest that you review the rules in that forum for being able to post. We have had some sort of rule or approval in place for at least 3 years and if you were a member for that amount of time this should be nothing new to you. The rules are here to protect our members. 1 person makes thins difficult for 99% of the others and this is the case here. Sorry but that rule will not be changing anytime soon.

·
Banned
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Good/bad enough for me... Like the title says - stick it where the sun don't shine. Life's too short to live with arbitrary garbage like this when there are alternatives available.

Like Groucho Marx said: "I wouldn't join any club that would have a person like me as a member" (or something like that)

Keep your membership - I'm outta here. You don't want my interaction/contributions? No problem.

Bye.

·
Super Moderator
12,436 Posts

It's not that we don't want you contribution. It's just that we can't bend the rules since you don't feel that the rule is right. Like it or not it's something that the 1% of jerks caused us to come up with. Sorry if you feel that we don't care but us making the rule shows that we do.

·
Registered
19,264 Posts

Your interaction/contributions are welcome. That attitude however....

·
Banned
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Your interaction/contributions are welcome. That attitude however....
Yeah, you delete my "forsale" post after three years and 90+ posts? And I have an attitude? Ah well I guess you're right. I guess that I do have a bad attitude if having a good attitude means tolerating such nonsense.

But I was looking for an interesting forum when I found this one. And I will be looking again when I find the next one where the players aren't obsessed about choking the exchange with arbitrary "rules".

·
Super Moderator
12,436 Posts

Well then I am glad to see you go. You think that you have contributed with 2 years and 90+ posts? Look at my registered date and postcount. You think that you have a right to complain about the rules?
Don't worry about not posting as I will make sure that you don't have the temptation any longer. Your wish is granted.

·
Banned
6,369 Posts

Dude... you're only four posts away from being able to sell right now...

Why are you freaking out? Browse Off Topic or Rigz and those 4 will go away quick...

Then you can place an ad. I'm just really confused at the reason your are freaking out so terribly over a few posts.

·
Mr Know-It-All
11,241 Posts

Here's another thread complaining about the rule where I went into a deeper explanation of why it exists.

http://www.focaljet.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=2416541554

Lots of forums have "dumb rules" that they feel are valuable and you've got no choice but to abide by them. I've found that forums without a clear set of rules tend to be anarchy and not a very productive place for technical disussions. We try to keep this place above board and safe for our members as much as possible. Not everyone will like it, but that is the way that it is.

I think we'll keep our 100 post requirement right were it is, and I also think we're done here now.

>8^)
ER

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.