Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i have a terrible dilemma on my hands
. My mother is spending 1000 dollars on me for christmas and i dont know what to get
. Think you could come up with the best solution to my problem? I am shooting for performance, i have a couple of ideas but let me know what you think. I have intake, MAFS, exhaust, ignition wires, cat elem, crank pulley, and ummm maybe thats it, oh yeah Jet ECU. And i have an auto, so tranny upgrades are in the question too.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Go for a tranny upgrade and aftermarket torque converter. Or you can pay a little more and get a head package.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I definitely think that you're tranny is your most important upgrade. I'd either get the torque converter, or switch to a manual tranny, which is a little more difficult. Working out the head is also a very good option. For $400-500 you could have you head ported and polished, add another $500 for valve springs/retainers and stage 2 cams and you could have something pretty decent on your hands.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Ok i have a terrible dilemma on my hands . My mother is spending 1000 dollars on me for christmas and i dont know what to get
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">uh what dilemma?mother is spending 1000 dollars on you for xmas....whatever get what you can!!!

·
Registered
489 Posts
did she buy ur car too?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Originally posted by FriscoFocus:
thats what i already have, Ray
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Ah good. I would recommend a header, flexpipe, performance cams, and ajustable cam sprockets, then pay a visit to someone with a dyno. That's $1000, maybe a bit more.

Tranny mods are going to eat all of your $1000 in one shot. See http://www.levelten.com/

·
Registered
489 Posts
then i have the answer...do your mom a favor and let her spend them money on herself....

you owe HER man.....

[ 10-19-2002, 11:41 PM: Message edited by: Sir_Gawain ]

·
Registered
489 Posts
dayyyumm

·
Registered
489 Posts
did she buy that too? or dad?

·
Registered
489 Posts
uh i love you?!? as in the words of a great MTV cartoon, UH huh huh uuuuhhh, can I have some money?

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
let me be the first level minded fellow to say...brakes are your friend

1 - 20 of 30 Posts