Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys, i have a 2001 silver zts sedan 5 SPD, and $1000 dollars to spend, what should i get as for intake, exhaust, cams, cam gears, head packages, diablo chip, cluth, etc....

·
Registered
727 Posts
get a bomz cold air intake and a yodude exhaust. These are great mods and they give you a lot of bang for your buck!

...tek

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I would go with a total exhaust overhaul. Focus Central race header and a magnaflow exhaust. im partial to exhausts that dont look like coffee cans. that will put you at about 650. then install if you dont want to do it yourself. dont even get these guys started on what intake you should get, there are AEM knock offs on ebay for 80$. I personally do not have the tools or the knowledge to be able to put in cams and cam gears. but im sure someone would love to charge 75$ an hour for it. have fun with your focus, but stay safe.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I would suggest going Borla Cat back and cold air intake AEM, if you go short ram it may be cheaper but CIA is better all around.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I would deff. start off by freeing up the flow in the engine....I have an AEM short ram intake (around $200), it works great on my car. The next step would be an exhaust, on my set up I'm using the Borla (around $400), looks good, fit well, and it sounds excellent. Both very easy to install. And if you have the money left over a header should be next....depending on your emissions laws and preference, either a street header or a racing header (which eliminates the cat) are your options. I'm running the Focus Central Race header (about $369) and I love it, with all my other mods it's a great benifit. Provided you do the installation yourself that should put you in right about $1000 and give your car a good kick in the pants
Then from there you can do more extensive stuff i.e. cams and gears, head package and all that fun stuff. Good luck with your new ride

·
Registered
104 Posts
I would deff. start off by freeing up the flow in the engine....I have an AEM short ram intake (around $200), it works great on my car. The next step would be an exhaust, on my set up I'm using the Borla (around $400), looks good, fit well, and it sounds excellent. Both very easy to install. And if you have the money left over a header should be next....depending on your emissions laws and preference, either a street header or a racing header (which eliminates the cat) are your options. I'm running the Focus Central Race header (about $369) and I love it, with all my other mods it's a great benifit. Provided you do the installation yourself that should put you in right about $1000 and give your car a good kick in the pants
Then from there you can do more extensive stuff i.e. cams and gears, head package and all that fun stuff. Good luck with your new ride

1 - 6 of 6 Posts