Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was my best time of the weekend en route to a 2nd place finish at the NHRA Sport Compact Nationals in the 13.99 and faster bracket class.

1.934 60'
8.715 1/8th @ 78.72 mph
13.661 1/4 @ 101.22 mph

I had clutch demons all weekend, made 2nd gear completely dissappear in two separate runs.....one of those happening to be the final.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
gj dude...prolly a much more interestin event than that silly ffw stuff...must be fun runnin other 13sec cars instead of 17/18sec stock grocery getters

-Ult

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Do the slicks provide alot more traction than street tires?
Not to be rude, but come on. Do you think that companies like MT, Goodyear, and M&H would be able to sell millions of dollars worth of slicks a year if they didnt hook up any better than street tires? Of course they do. Put it this way... In my car, I have hit a 1.797 60' time on my slicks. The best I could ever muster on street tires was a 2.2xxx Slicks are a guaranteed way to lower your times.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I just wanted to make sure slicks was worth it. A normal 15'' rims do not fit on the svtf because it will hit the brake caliber. I will need to buy some custom rims to have the 24.5x8-15 MT ET Drags fit correctly, which costs around $300 or more for each rim. I am thinking the total price will be around $1k or so.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Yeah I didnt think about the SVT needing bigger than 15" wheels. My bad.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts