Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
13\'s 1/4 all motor??

could anybody give me a ballpark figure (minus labor) on how much i will have to spend to get my car running hight 13's 1/4 times with a partly stripped car meaning everything behind the front seets i would greatly appreshiate any advise anyone can give me

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Re: 13\'s 1/4 all motor??

there's only 1 13sec NA focus out there any1 knows about, so i guess u have 2 ask them, focus central...granted others will b able 2 shed light on what it'll cost 2 get 170whp from the zetec and thus put u in the game 2 go 13.99 NA

-Ult

·
Registered
1,945 Posts

well focus central is running 13's all motor, and i BELIEVE its with full interior, though i cant remember. anywho, they are right above 200whp. do a search for their car and you will find what they've needed to get there. actually, its one of the top posts in the drag racing forum, check that out!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

OMG thats got to be some kind of record i posted this topic and i swear less then 2 mins. and already 2 replys but any ways i was just courious cause i have seen in a few peopls sigz that they are running about mid 14's and i figued there was probably a few other that FC with there 13.7 i beleve that were in the 13's, thanks for the suggetions

·
Registered
2,269 Posts

to get into the 13's requires some exensive head work that FC has done to their car. The reason you see a lot of 14's out there is because its possible to hit 14's w/ all bolt-ons and cams. Past that you have to either use some N20, Forced Induction or get a head package

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

does anybody know off hand how much the FC stage 3 head packedge goes for and what all it comes with and how streetable is it, "this is my daily driver"

Thanks,
David

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

yep tom i only put 93 or 92 in my car partly cause i was useing nitrous but afer blowing my intake manifold to hell
i figuer i will ether try all motor focus or convert to the dark side (honda) i just need to see how much i am going to have to spend to get som real (13's) speed

·
Registered
21 Posts

Thinking about it is it really possible to hit 14's with just bolt ons and cams??? If so I have really lost alittle bit of respect for honda. There are several ek hatchbacks(96 and up) with type r swaps with bolt ons, stage 3 cams, pistons, headwork that have only ran like a 13.9 on slicks with 4.75 and 4.9 gears. Hmmm maybe its just me....

·
Registered
2,269 Posts

yeah there are several good guys on here who have run 14's w/ bolt-ons and cams. I'm not sure if anyone has run 14's w/o cams.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts

I dont think it would be possible to hit 14's without cams..NA that is...

Ran [email protected] with the following mods..

Crower Stage II Cams
Iceman/FS Cool Flo Intake
FS Wires
FC TB
AFX UDP
FC WP Pulley
Ford Racing Cam Gears
Off Road Pipe
Custom Crushed bent exhaust
Gutted Hatch....

·
Registered
93 Posts

Originally posted by Halvie:
There are several ek hatchbacks(96 and up) with type r swaps with bolt ons, stage 3 cams, pistons, headwork that have only ran like a 13.9 on slicks with 4.75 and 4.9 gears. Hmmm maybe its just me....
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">PLEASE!... for every crap driver out there, there's a good one is running mid 12's with the aforementioned setup.

lose all the respect for Honda you want. the fact of the matter is they are still the fwd top dog. without them, the Focus aftermarket wouldn't exist.

btw: EKs are 96-00.

·
Registered
21 Posts

yah and em's are 02 and up and eg's(eh2's in america) are 92-95. Just so you know the car Iam talking about is siinsi...who is ver respected amounst the honda community(well honda-tech.com which pretty much is anyone who knows anything about hondas). Grandted it was with a full interior and not a fully gutted car. But then who wants to ride around in a car that is fully gutted. It's just odd that the d-series(which by the way the record was just rebroken my bisi he ran a 10.8 something) b-series motors have been out for over 10 years and the focus is out for three years and already doing is good as it is. But whatever....

·
Registered
299 Posts

but unless they're running a b20, we've got the advantage in sheer displacement, thus allowing for (in my mind at least) more power potential.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts

Originally posted by clemsonzx3:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Halvie:
There are several ek hatchbacks(96 and up) with type r swaps with bolt ons, stage 3 cams, pistons, headwork that have only ran like a 13.9 on slicks with 4.75 and 4.9 gears. Hmmm maybe its just me....
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">PLEASE!... for every crap driver out there, there's a good one is running mid 12's with the aforementioned setup.

lose all the respect for Honda you want. the fact of the matter is they are still the fwd top dog. without them, the Focus aftermarket wouldn't exist.

btw: EKs are 96-00.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">honda is the grandfather of fwd. without them there probably wouldn't be as large of an after market for sport compacts as there is now. whether or not it would have come about without them is up for debate. however, the current honda (and acura) line up of fwd cars just fails to impress as much as other companies. the si civic is a joke and honda won't bring over the type r; the rsx and rsx type s are great, but nothing compared to the less expensive SRT-4 Neon. Honda is loosing it's "top dog" position in favor of becoming more commuter friendly.

Nate

1 - 20 of 63 Posts