Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
15.6 at 87 mph

40 ft above sea level
89 degrees
97 heat index
90% humidity

I am putting down 130hp and 132 ftlbs of torque, i am also running 50 series tires for faster gearing. I think in good weather I can pull low 15's.......what do you guys think??
I am shooting for a 15.1....or 15.2

I have all the bolt-ons accept cams,maf, and flex-pipe.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
15.6 at 87 mph

40 ft above sea level
89 degrees
97 heat index
90% humidity

I am putting down 130hp and 132 ftlbs of torque, i am also running 50 series tires for faster gearing. I think in good weather I can pull low 15's.......what do you guys think??

You be surprise how little temps effect times. I've run on blistering hot days, and freezing days. As it gets colder traction gets worse, and as it gets hotter hp decreases
Good luck with the low 15's.

·
Registered
397 Posts
hmm just work on those launches man

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wait a minute your telling me that temps dont effect times a lot, thats crap!! I went Last summer and ran a 16.68 in like 100 degree weather and humidity just as bad (louisiana). I went again in 60 degree weather with same mods and pulled 15.9's all day!!! thats freiken 7 tenths!!! It effects your car bad!!!

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Wait a minute your telling me that temps dont effect times a lot, thats crap!! I went Last summer and ran a 16.68 in like 100 degree weather and humidity just as bad (louisiana). I went again in 60 degree weather with same mods and pulled 15.9's all day!!! thats freiken 7 tenths!!! It effects your car bad!!!
Could be a lot more than tempertures causing those differences....but with a consistant driver like myself I've barely notcied a difference. Elevation makes the biggest difference.

·
Registered
66 Posts
15.6 at 87 mph

40 ft above sea level
89 degrees
97 heat index
90% humidity

that [email protected] was w/nitrous and all the bolt-ons. N/A i run high 16's
. i have the timeslip right in front of me. that was and still is my best time. ive only managed low 16's since but the atx is shot.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Wow...your 130hp is as fast as my SVT (Car&Driver's driver)...thats awesome...but I guess my car is slow...bummer.

CCC

·
Registered
751 Posts
Wow...your 130hp is as fast as my SVT (Car&Driver's driver)...thats awesome...but I guess my car is slow...bummer.

CCC
He's putting down 130 ATW. More at the crank. Plus the MTX-75 has better gearing than our getrag.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts