·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks it took alot of hard work.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Glad you could make use of the kit man. Looks great and let me know when you get to the track.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Justin missed you last weekend at HIN. I had the car down there but I didn't see you.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
BTW Cory, you WILL be giving me a ride at NOPI.

OH, and I think that there is no deadline to register, you can even register at the gate when you get there.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
now it makes sense after askin justin (toby
) , that was his old kit...this should be cool anyways.

-Ult

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Dam dood, that is sexy as hell. Same direction I'm goin, just a little behind ya. What's the diff between a direct port and a standard wet kit? I know what makes em different, I mean part wise. Is it just distribution blocks for four nozzles and a standard kit? Advantages? I'm curious because I'm runnin 75 on a standard wetkit nx now, and would like to upgrade if possible without purchasing the entire kit. My intake will be short runner, so it'll be setup a bit differently. What preparations have you made to take the 150 shot? I'm sure forged rods and some good pistons, anything else? I'm anxious to see what you can put down, I'm more anxious to get mine done. haha. What's tom gonna do for you, chip? Keep us posted yo, looks like it's gonna be a screamer, hopefully I'll run into ya at the track one day.

g

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There is those 4 way tees. You will need a aluminum intake manifold because if you have a backfire its going to blow the stock one too pieces.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Hey Justin missed you last weekend at HIN. I had the car down there but I didn't see you.
Sorry man. I decided to spend some time with the girly since she was gonna be gone for a week. But Trust me, I'll catch up to you next time you are in town. Good luck with the BIG SHOT mang. Later

·
Registered
32 Posts
There is those 4 way tees. You will need a aluminum intake manifold because if you have a backfire its going to blow the stock one too pieces.
do i need to have an aluminum intake manifold if im only doing say a 50 shot on DPI. and how about if i dont do direct port. if i just do a wet kit. id rather do a dpi with 2000 intake mani.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No you don't have to have a aluminum intake either way but you have a backfire and kiss that intake goodbye. Also, I would not waste my time to put a direct port nitrous kit on for anything less than a 100 shot. The point of a direct port is so the fuel doesn't puddle in the bottom of the intake manifold and you get a big boom.

·
Registered
610 Posts
If you've posted this in other forums, my apologies, but first off:

Is that Tom's built block? What are you doing for timing pull with the 150 shot? Is the engine being installed with the tranny bolted in place or did you have to move that?

Nice setup.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No, I built the engine myself. But since Tom is such a Great guy
I am driving the car down there and getting a custom tuned chip for both N/A and Nitrous. With Tom's chip I can change the setting and pull up to 30 degrees of timing out maybe more.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The tranny Was on the engine when we put it in the car.

·
Registered
32 Posts
No you don't have to have a aluminum intake either way but you have a backfire and kiss that intake goodbye. Also, I would not waste my time to put a direct port nitrous kit on for anything less than a 100 shot. The point of a direct port is so the fuel doesn't puddle in the bottom of the intake manifold and you get a big boom.
i thought the point of direct port was to get an even spray in all ports.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
If there was a sexual equiviallant to all NOS setups this would definately like "two chicks at the same time"

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i thought the point of direct port was to get an even spray in all ports.
On these foci if you want to run a big shot you got to go direct port so that you don't blow your intake up because of the way our intake manifold is shaped. But yes the other advantage is that you get an even spray.

·
Registered
32 Posts
how about if i wanna do a small shot of direct port on a early 2000 intake mani. ill start with a 50 shot then prolly move up to 75 max.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
The oem manifold is fine for nitrous upto 75 shot. I'd say you could blow it up with a 35 shot if you made a big enough mistake. If you keep the revsup (4k+) at all times during nitrous application, there's so much air flowing it'd be impossible for it to puddle. It will, however, do so and go boom if you slam the throttle closed, or bog the motor off the line etc etc. Human input is the weak link in any non-computer-controlled nitrous setup. Don't worry, be careful and keep that pedal down (not wide open) in the case of hitting the rev limiter, speed limiter, or backfire and you'll be ok. Be careful and have fun.

g

1 - 20 of 24 Posts