Ford Focus Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i removed the o2 sensors and got about 15whp on the dyno ill get the dyno sheet up here soon just thought id share my cheap and effective mod

·
Registered
222 Posts
And the point of this thread is what?

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
The stock ECU will go nuts with no O2 sensors! At the very LEAST, your emissions will suck, at the most, part throttle drivability will suffer, and full throttle as well once the ECU figures out what is wrong.

I'm not sure what is going wrong, but I do know that if I removed my O2 sensors, I wouldn't have 130whp.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i did take both out and the egr u must have a factory freak or something

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
Originally posted by OmniFocus:
The stock ECU will go nuts with no O2 sensors! At the very LEAST, your emissions will suck, at the most, part throttle drivability will suffer, and full throttle as well once the ECU figures out what is wrong.

I'm not sure what is going wrong, but I do know that if I removed my O2 sensors, I wouldn't have 130whp.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">lorin, you dont know what youre talkin 'bout, youre just mad cause the SCCA wont let you do this dirty/ultra big power mod...

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Naz, Nobody said the chip was good for 20...
Just that it made a significant difference in Acceleration. Even if only because it Modified the curves w/ 0 HP Increase. Who cares??
Mine made a "Testable, Repeatable Difference".
Disconnecting the o2 sensors, on the other hand, is an AWFUL Idea that will really screw up the way your car runs...

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
Actually... I'll let other people get into this. It is too funny of a topic to get worried about.

[ 03-19-2003, 01:55 AM: Message edited by: OmniFocus ]

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
dude...im tellin you man

pull both man

also heres a trick

wrap some electric tape around each cam lobe to increase lift and duration...i did, i got another 35whp

[ 03-19-2003, 01:58 AM: Message edited by: nazthug ]

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
Originally posted by nazthug:
wrap some electric tape around each cam lobe to increase lift and duration...i did, i got another 35whp
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

Priceless. I'm remembering that one.

Personally I'd have the cam reground with circular lobes. Infinite duration!!! ...or remove the valves=Infinite lift!

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
naaaa.....na...tape is better

u wanna know 1 more secret? I have giving these out, cause you guys are all gonna have crazy power

BUT

Take off your UDP and just leave the bolt, and just wrap the belt around the bolt..and also, take the cam gears out, and wrap the belt around the bolts, it will run your cams alot faster, just do the math, and that alone, on racegas, got me over 200whp

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Just pour a little high temp epoxy in each cylinder. It'll increase your CR for real cheap. It's good for 30 more ft lbs. on the dyno @2000 rpm.

I tried the tape mod...it kept slipping.

[ 03-19-2003, 02:33 AM: Message edited by: Phillip ]

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
Originally posted by TackyZX3:
thanks Naz! im gonna try that tomorrow!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">no try it tonight man......im not kidding, it works best when its cool out

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
Originally posted by Phillip:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">there's always sacrifice for more power man, you know this

·
Registered
2 Posts
well i just tried the tape mod and the o2 sensor mod and there is a VERY noticible difference in midrange power! thanks a lot naz!

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Originally posted by nazthug:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Phillip:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">there's always sacrifice for more power man, you know this</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hey...found a cure for the slipping tape. I ripped off some "Polygrip" from Granny. She was a little ticked but saw it was for a good cause. She said she was done with her teeth for the night anyhow.

·
Registered
408 Posts
As long as were on the topic of quick and easy power gains I got a little trick that everyone will love. Put sugar in your gas tank right after you fill up, about 1.5 cups should do it. Turn the key to the on position, then buckle your seat belt, unbuckle your seat belt, press the A/C button on and off, flash your brights, and turn on and off your parking lights 5 times and then start the car. After this you should feel about 20 more WHP.
Its amazing!! And if you really need more power, powdered sugar adds about 30 WHP, but some say that in the LONG term this isn't good. So I leave this for track days. With the above mods and this, all I gots to do us tune the nos timing and I'll be running nines.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.