Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im so excited lol just got back from atco and ran a 16.440 with my stock foci. i know thats what it should run but i never though i would get near that time seing its my first 5 speed.

RT .481
60' 2.469
330 6.948
1/8 10.602
MPH 67.39
990 13.663
1/4 16.440
MPH 83.80

that was my best slip but they were all around 16.5. except one run i missed 2nd and ran a 17.8

and my best RT was .045

·
Registered
103 Posts
Fixxer,

I was @ atco on Friday night and so you run your car. It is like a dark gray color ,right? I even saw you run that 17 something. I think running a 16.5 was a nice job!
I want to run my car but I'm do scared to break something. Maybe I'll run when I get a new CAT in the next few weeks.
I just wanted to give you props for the nice run.
Later
Rob Sole
p.s. You looked very young when I saw you cruz by the stands. Did you just get you license?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah on one of my later runs i ran a 17.8
i missed 2nd.... and im 19 i know i dont look it but im 19 lol. ive had my license since 16. but this is my first 5 speed and ive had it for about 3 weeks.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
had it 3wks and your already drag'n...not good....cool out and dont go back til you have 3-5k on it. allow all the stuff to break in (especially clutch, but engine as well).

-Ult

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
port your TB now! (free)
lower tq link bushings (17bux)
k+n filter (35bux)

nice and inexpensive improvements

btw, dont be runnin out any more than 6,0k in a stock foci while in 2nd, 3rd, or 4th.

-Ult

·
Registered
921 Posts
Looks real good man! You 5 speeds have all the luck; I had to have a k&n drop in and ported stock TB, and gutted hatch to run 10.6 in the 1/8th! Yep, automatic.

·
Registered
550 Posts
awesome!! much props to ya. i just got back from the track and it was my first time running the car since stock trim and in stock trim i dynoed 108hp at the wheels and ran a 17.12 e/t @ 78 mph.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Some get down to 16.3's stock. That's not bad though. It means I got like .5-.7 seconds out of an intake exhaust and pulley. The old zetec didn't respond all that poorly to mods i guess.

·
Registered
386 Posts
my best time was a 16.78 and i have a cone air filter clamped onto the maf. so congrats to you, i must suck at driving. i had the spare tire in and 1/4 of 87octane and it was very hot outside. i didnt push my car to the start either.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
nice numbers for the stock focus.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Very nice numbers, I ran 16.400 bone stock. I was pretty happy too

·
Registered
763 Posts
Some get down to 16.3's stock. That's not bad though. It means I got like .5-.7 seconds out of an intake exhaust and pulley. The old zetec didn't respond all that poorly to mods i guess.
I ran a high 16.3 with just a k&n drop in.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts