Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traveled 4 hours out of my way this weekend to have FC play around with my car. I was looking for the optimal setup before FI and was very suprised at how much power i could get and still be safely set up for FI (which means stock compression). Everyone up there was great to work with. Big props go to Nader and Dave for all their help!

So anyway, here's what i have to show off:
165whp, 150 tq - stock compression

We would have gone over 170hp if we had time to do some A/F

engine mods:
Custom FC head, custom crower cams, fc gears, new fc race header, new fc tb, maf, udp, fc ported intake manifold, FS intake, FS engine mount, FS quiet exhaust, diablo.

i'll throw on a turbo when the right one comes out

MOD EDIT- 640x480 max please
my edit - changed the image size

[ 02-19-2003, 12:03 AM: Message edited by: Saleen317 ]

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm lovin it!
These are sweet numbers my friend. Can't wait to see it with the turbo, keep me posted!

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Would installing 19 lbs injectors do anything to your set up. Just wondering. Awesome #'s by
the way.

[ 02-17-2003, 03:41 PM: Message edited by: frdfocszx3 ]

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
u let nader touch your car???

those are awesome numbers, about what i had, same mods about, i had a tad bit higher compression and hit 166whp without much cam gear tuning

Good job man, those numbers are great, and the torque looks super healthy too

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by frdfocszx3:
Would installing 19 lbs injectors do anything to your set up. Just wondering. Awesome #'s by
the way.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">i should be just under the point where the stock injectors will start wimping out. The next step is the FI, which will definitely need the extra help. I believe the stocks should be good to about 170whp.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by SoCalSteve:
I'm lovin it!
These are sweet numbers my friend. Can't wait to see it with the turbo, keep me posted!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">you know, steve... my only goal is to be faster than the setup you're getting. As long as i'm faster than you, the world is a happy place

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
Yes... That torque is far more attractive to me than the HP...

With the torque peak at a relatively low 4500!!!... and pretty flat... 83% of peak torque at 3k!!!

That would be an excellent autocrossing power curve.

[ 02-18-2003, 11:46 PM: Message edited by: OmniFocus ]

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
I am still trying to decide what cams to buy to go w/ my head, and these look great. Could you explain the "custom" work done to them?

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
custom meaning that fc just picked out the combo tht crower has available/makes available....

i belive a more agressive intake cam with a nice exhuast cam is the key, and is what nader and the guys picked out for him and it worked out...intake cam being key

·
Registered
826 Posts
Crower is lookig at revising all of its profiles and this is one of the car we were testing them with. This car has a stg 3 intake and a stg 2 exhaust. Idles smooth as silk.

·
Registered
23 Posts
So Nader is this going to be a set you will be selling soon, with the stg intake and the stg 2 exhaust.
I am interested, is there a price yet.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
if you call him up, he can even order you custom ground cams to fit any profile you want. So you shouldn't have to wait for them to be a "kit" as far as i know.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Message by SocalSteve:

You know, it's not just the speed that counts, it's how you "handle" it.
We'll see what's up when i get back on the street.
(Reallistically you'll destroy me when everything is said and done, i can talk all i want, but with headwork and a turbo i don't really have a chance!) Still, i got my setup thanks to you, so no matter what the world is a happy place for me!

------------------------
ok steve, sign out from my account if you're gonna post something...

[ 02-19-2003, 05:34 PM: Message edited by: Saleen317 ]

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yes, the head has not been milled whatsoever. If you want to be technical, since it was ported it should have slighly less than stock compression.
i also have oversized SS valves.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts