Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
That one was just me not paying attention....and s
7,509 Posts
yeah, well close to it...if you look at the head the FS sells, thier head dynos at about 160whp or so with the head, cams and cam gears, plus basic bolt-ons. That will run you about a little over $3000. And actually you can get more ponies than that, if you wanted to, it all depends on how deep your pockts are. Its all up to you and how much money you have. You can have anyhting built for the right price. But I know that you probably mean "bolt-on" wise.

This is from the FS page:
Combined with the complete line of FocusSport bolt-on engine upgrades this cylinder head package is capable of 160 front wheel horsepower* (184 crank hp**) and 142 ft. lbs. of torque* (approx. 163 crank torque**). In comparison to our stock ZX3's 110 front wheel horsepower* (127 crank hp**) and 114 ft. lbs. of torque* (131 crank torque**), that's a solid gain of 50 hp and 28 ft. lbs. of torque TO THE WHEELS*.
I hope that helps you out.

·
Registered
492 Posts
With a head package a good tune and all the bolt on's It can be done there's a guy on here named goat roper and hes pushing that with a 14.6 1/4 mile.

·
7,509 Posts
see Randy, I tried to give you a little business there

·
Registered
24,330 Posts
If you want to get close to 170 HP, you'll need a race header and exhaust, good air intake, cam gear tuning, udp. Also, at 170 you're pretty much done with the OEM Focus injectors, 30# would be a good choice. The OEM MAF will be near it's limit, but should still do the trick. One step colder plugs wouldn't hurt.

We're in the middle of revising our FocusSport head package, too. Some good stuff coming VERY soon.

·
7,509 Posts
as much money that you would have wrapped up into this, you may as well get the Stage two supercharger for $3000, its well over 170 whp

·
TEAM Member
2,059 Posts
The FR head has the most potential for the money. We are making 166 whp and 154 tq on the old FR head out of the box milled .040. Give me a call we can help you out with everything you need and save you a few bucks.

·
Registered
719 Posts
ULT, not starting an argument... but thats what we are here for. He obviously doesn't know much about the motor and\or the upgrades offered. Let's all be good jetters and help out instead of bashing. I love you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts