. Went to spray and had a few problems
but everything is all good now.
By the way this is N/A.

Cory

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Russell didn't bring his car his engine is in my garage I think I loose the key until I hit 13's.

Cory

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Just got back from Tom's final run dynoed at 171.3 hp and 137ft torque
. Went to spray and had a few problems
but everything is all good now.
By the way this is N/A.

Cory
So is the 171 with or without the N20? I'm not following "this" in the last sentence...Sounds pretty powerful either way, nice job. Peace

Lox

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
look at torque...it's NA.

Impressive. You got a graph? Or at least peak HP RPM'S?

kinda curious.

tho

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This run was without nitrous. And needless to say I don't have nitrous on my car anymore.

Cory

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
The Bizarre thing to me is such a Big HP # w/ that kind of TQ #.
At Tom's I Dyno'd about 118 HP, but about 128-130 TQ.
How do things get so Lopsided?

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
The Bizarre thing to me is such a Big HP # w/ that kind of TQ #.
At Tom's I Dyno'd about 118 HP, but about 128-130 TQ.
How do things get so Lopsided?
Because you have to sacrifice TQ to be able to Make high HP...

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
I thought HP was sort of a Function of TQ, and it was just a Question of how the curves are shaped??

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I will retain comment until mods are posted, although i'm assuming these include a built bottom end and some other things along those lines in order to cope with the 150 shot of nitrous.

Can you post or scan a dyno printout? that would answer a couple of questions I have, at least.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I thought HP was sort of a Function of TQ, and it was just a Question of how the curves are shaped??
yes and no..think about all the high rev happy NA cars on here they usually dont go over 140TQ. and make well over 170HP+

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
Michael, you know how HP is tq * rpm/5250?

THis means that above 5250 rpm's, torque is multiplied rather tahn reduced (engine rpm/5250 >1). SO, say his peak torque and peak HP occured at the same RPM...then that RPM would be at roughly 6800 RPM. Your car on the other hand as a much lower torque/HP peak, so the multiplicative factor is smaller (engine rpm/5250 <1). HOpe that made sense. If not, ask your stepdad

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
10.5:1 JE pistons, eagle rods, ford racing head, ford racing intake manifold, crower stage 2 cams, FCTB 65mm, fc header and flex pipe, magnaflow exhaust, fc 2pc pullies, FC cam gears set at +2intake and -4 exhaust which gave about 13 to 14hp and 8 ft torque, FC cai with out the box, 30# injectors and a 70 pro-m. yes I do have a copy of the dyno run. Give me till tonight and I will post a pic.

Cory

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Michael, you know how HP is tq * rpm/5250?

THis means that above 5250 rpm's, torque is multiplied rather tahn reduced (engine rpm/5250 >1). SO, say his peak torque and peak HP occured at the same RPM...then that RPM would be at roughly 6800 RPM. Your car on the other hand as a much lower torque/HP peak, so the multiplicative factor is smaller (engine rpm/5250 <1). HOpe that made sense. If not, ask your stepdad
Thanks.
I knew what you were saying, but had forgotten the details.
Your "Reminder Explanation" was perfect.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
10.5:1 JE pistons, eagle rods, ford racing head, ford racing intake manifold, crower stage 2 cams, FCTB 65mm, fc header and flex pipe, magnaflow exhaust, fc 2pc pullies, FC cam gears set at +2intake and -4 exhaust which gave about 13 to 14hp and 8 ft torque, FC cai with out the box, 30# injectors and a 70 pro-m. yes I do have a copy of the dyno run. Give me till tonight and I will post a pic.

Cory
WOW!
That means with what I got and will have I'm gonna be more than happy. Not too fond of the tq #'s though. I always thought N/A was all about tq. Impressive though.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Hey Cannon, can you run regular 87 octane through that engine or do you use the premium stuff?

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Hey Cannon, can you run regular 87 octane through that engine or do you use the premium stuff?
Up'ed the comp - gotta change to prem

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.