Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for a beater to get me to and from work.
Since my wife is
working/starting school/and taking the baby to daycare
so she gets the Focus.

I found this car out in my area for $500

NEEDS:
Driver Side window
Stickers
Fuel Pump Re-wire

Pics:

Let me know what you all think

EDIT FOR MORE INFO:
the engine is a 305 from a 91 caprice less than 10k miles has the original heads and a 4bbl quadjet

electric fuel pump
electric fan wired to be always on
waterpump less than a year old
new brake pads for front
accel cap and rotor
msd gm coil
z28 radiator with metal endtanks
700r4 tranny with shift points moved
has 3in cat back with flo pro muffler
14x7 rims (don't know what kind) with futura gls super sport tires
the rings are bad but only smokes on startup and burns a little oil
no oil leaks
also have a 98 350 block that i can give with the sale

car has 72605 miles

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Looks like crap. I say go for it.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Sweet deal, i like it. Just needs a little TLC and its good to go. However, is it the v8? Gas guzzler. Still, cant go wrong for 500 bucks. L8er Jon

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
My opinion? If you need an old get around car, go with something with four cylinders and FWD.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
edited for more info:

it willbe only used to get from work and home. i work about 8 minutes from home. so it wouldnt use too much gas.

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
edited for more info:

it willbe only used to get from work and home. i work about 8 minutes from home. so it wouldnt use too much gas.
Well.. it might work alright for that. I have a thing against primer 80's Camaros, so it'd be a tough sale for me. I'd still recommend an old beater Honda or Toyota.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what does this mean?

the rings are bad but only smokes on startup and burns a little oil
no oil leaks

ill ask him more about it tomorrow

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
NO NO NO it will only smoke on start up thats it. one little puff of smoke.. i have had 4 camaros all with that problem and never blew an engine.. thats a steal man go for it! third gen camaros rock!

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
NO NO NO it will only smoke on start up thats it. one little puff of smoke.. i have had 4 camaros all with that problem and never blew an engine.. thats a steal man go for it! third gen camaros rock!
Ok thnx for more info.

·
Liter-a-cola? I measure my drinks in YARDS!
9,786 Posts
Ok thnx for more info.
The only vehicle I've ever had that I've never worried about white smoke on start-up is my diesel work truck!
I'd worry.

·
Resident Wheel-Whore
10,594 Posts
My opinion? If you need an old get around car, go with something with four cylinders and FWD.
I agree, I had a 90 Cavalier for a winter beater. Awesome car. Very cheap. I now have a Mazda 626, I love this little sucker. Very dependable little cars.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I found this car out in my area for $500

NEEDS:
Driver Side window
Stickers
Fuel Pump Re-wire
Ummm you forgot 1 important thing....GROW A MULLET

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
why would I want to grow a mullet?

Do I look like a hillbilly? Do I chew Tobacco?
Do I wear overalls?

·
David Anderson
2,871 Posts
go for it, for $500, even if the rings do go out, you can always sale it for $500 for a parts car. But ive had a few cars that ive used 40wt in, and one lasted all through highschool of me beating on it WOT all the way to school at a whopping 80mph in 4th gear (89 bronco2) . But as long as I kept feeding its food to it (40wt), it was ok

·
Registered
389 Posts
Its not a Stick
J/K

I'm looking for a Beater with a Stick shift just to have some fun in without beating my Focus up. A little 4 cylinder Honda will do but if a Corvette or a stang come up with a low enough price I'll take one of them too.
Rick H.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Ugh. How broke are you? You'd be less likely to find a money pit in the $2000 range.

Now, if you were doing the Grassroots Motorsports 2006 Challenge, you could have a much worse starting point.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
not broke but maybe looking for a project car.

I can afford 2k range but but im still looking

1 - 20 of 30 Posts