Man that looks good!

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Looks good. Where in Upstate NY?

·
[FJ] Special Ed.
8,294 Posts
I wish it didnt look like an SUV with that rear clearance. what size are those rims? I say drop that mutha so you dont get protested against for harmfull emissions (people will mistake your ride height for an SUV)

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
where in upstate, im in latham with a malibu blue zx3

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
drop ASAP. nice wheels tho, my best friend has em on his white MR2turbo. Melikes!

where in upstate r u?...im up all around NY all the time visiting people at school.

-chirs

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
drop ASAP. nice wheels tho, my best friend has em on his white MR2turbo. Melikes!

where in upstate r u?...im up all around NY all the time visiting people at school.

-chirs

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm upstate in Rochester---the winters suck up here & I'm reluctant to drop it that much. Wheel size is stock 16"--Enkei DM5's on there--a good rim, only thing I dont care for are the plastic center hubs on them--they seem kinda cheap & feel like it wouldn't take much to break...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey im up in the Rochester area. I dont know of any meets for focus people, but i do know the CEG, www.contour.org group we have meets in the area sometimes. We should get together some time and talk shop.

·
Resident Wheel-Whore
10,594 Posts
Put the SVT drop on it. It only lowers it half an inch, that will help alot. Get it dropped, it will pretty good.

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
Hey im up in the Rochester area. I dont know of any meets for focus people, but i do know the CEG, www.contour.org group we have meets in the area sometimes. We should get together some time and talk shop.
i'd suggest a Pro-Kit drop from eibach and get the plus with the ani-sway bar kit...it will definitely make ur car sporty as hell but only drop it 1.5inches

i drive my car in the winter (ofcourse stockers go on in the winter) and i drive my car hard...so take my word for it

-chris

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
A good 1.5 inch drop would do. If you don't want to go too low, do the SVT Suspension swap.

I was stationed in Watertown NY, a lot farther north than you. I had a lowered Saturn for a few months then realized it was nothing but a sled so I bought a 4x4 Nissan truck.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Hey Girv,

Car looks sweet, I have the same one except an 03.. Do the amber front markers bother you with the clear sides? The reason I ask is because I've been holding back from buying clear sides for that reason, not sure if the amber/clear combo will get under my skin or not...

·
Registered
186 Posts
drop it! i´m sure we have "better" winters here in Finland...
we get about 300ft of snow in here... well not QUITE but still...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah--I'm thinkin abt maybe droppin her abt 1.5"--that's abt as low as I'll go. It just amazes me at how expensive the after market stuff is: springs & dampeners.

As far as the clear sides & amber fronts go--I dont really have too much of a prob with the combo. I know on ebay they sell the grille w/the clear turns & they look pretty sharp, but again--it costs abt $175.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts