Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And turned on the car what happend?

Just installed mine and aside from breaking my bracket where the part that attaches to the ECU..it went well..

Questions..It did not want to run correctly on the first few attempts..it would run then die run then die..finally before I had to go to work..I turned it on and it seemed pretty normal (got the idle raised) so it was right at 1000RPM reved it a few and all seemed to be normal..I drove my moms car to work though and will work on it some more tmr..does this seem normal?? I was just happy my car started!!
havent drove it yet.....

Also is the ecu self grounded with the part wiring harness that plugs into it? Im gonna rig it up so it is steady tmr since I broke the bracket..but the screws arent like a ground or anything like that are they? thanks!

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
all u can do is try it. sometimes the ecu is a lil slow 2 understand the chip...hence the car could b testy...especially considerin the # of mod's ur man's car has. double and triple check the cleanliness of the contacts, and suspect contact could b the blame if u continue 2 have a nag in the system. good luck.

-Ult

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by UltegraSTI:
all u can do is try it. sometimes the ecu is a lil slow 2 understand the chip...hence the car could b testy...especially considerin the # of mod's ur man's car has. double and triple check the cleanliness of the contacts, and suspect contact could b the blame if u continue 2 have a nag in the system. good luck.

-Ult
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">thanks Ult you big stud muffin
My car is pretty much stock now though I have all the mods takin off of it do to some problems I was having with the car...Like I say it just did this when the car first started up..took about 6 tries to finally get it to sound normal..I had to leave to work though so I really cant say how it drove...just wondering it not starting properly is part of the proccess...also is it ok if I dont use screws to mount the ECU back up?

-Ult

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
mount it all back up, u dont want it bouncin round...ur still able 2 reach in and pop it in and out (take keys out, remember). isnt uncommon 2 not have it play right 1st time out...but if u continue 2 get these 'blips' yank ecu and double check 4 coatin left over on pinout.

-Ult

1 - 4 of 4 Posts