Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So just wondering if anybody had done a 2.0L Duratec with Cossie stuff, stage 1? Stage 2? etc. etc. And if so what was the outcome....
-bix

·
Registered
7,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, no maybe so? What cosworth parts? And what was the outcome....
-bix

·
I'm the 'intellectual' here
4,225 Posts
Do a search on that same questions...there have been about 5-10 threads posing the same question...a couple of which that might have the exact same title yours does.

·
Registered
188 Posts
from all i've seen most of the cossie parts will work on the 2.0, maybe get in contact w/ cossie and make sure before u do anything.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
from all i've seen most of the cossie parts will work on the 2.0, maybe get in contact w/ cossie and make sure before u do anything.
Tuning is the hold back. You could get the manifold if you wanted and I'm sure A competent focus tuner Like Walter Marcy could supply you with a tune to make it work.

·
Registered
204 Posts
We really need a Sticky on this cause search for this and you get like a million returns, I did a search for "tumbleflaps" and "balance Shafts" to see if the 2.0 has them or not and never did get a definative answer. Also what is this air pump I keep reading about does the 2.0 have it?
Personally If I could get 200 hp out of my 2.0 with cosworth stuff and they did it in three stages I would be willing to buck up for it.

Do a search on that same questions...there have been about 5-10 threads posing the same question...a couple of which that might have the exact same title yours does.

·
Mr Know-It-All
11,241 Posts
You will have tumbleflaps, but you will not have balance shafts in your 2.0L Duratec.

The air pump system pumps fresh air under pressure into the exhaust manifold during certain operating conditions, and into the catalytic convertor during other operating conditions. The purpose of the air is to help burn off excess fuel when the engine is cold, and also to help the catalytic convertor warm up faster.

I'm sure Cosworth has an interest in supporting the 2.0L with the same packages they offer for the 2.3L. It will just take time...

>8^)
ER

·
Banned
2,115 Posts
Stage 1 has an issue with the 2.0L duratec. The intake manifold actuall eats some Hp to get more torque because its designed for the 2.3's diffrent intake and engine size with bore and stroke. When put on a 2.0 we would loose more Hp than the torque gain is worth so the Intake mani is an issue.

Not only is the intake an issue but as some one said our computer is diffrent and will need a reflash from marcy or focus sport(FS is coming out with it soon!) I have witnessed a 2.0L duratec with intake exaust(a crappy exaust) and a header dyno numbers at 131hp and I think 131 torque. I can only imagine that having ajusted cams(marcy tool) and a ECU reflash would warrent a good 10-15 Hp at the wheels, that the cosie intake would gain you.

Cosworth packages for the 2.0 arent really the way to go for us right now but you can very easily replicate there hp gains with other products for the 2.0 because although called a duratec its no 2.3 in alot of sences but close enough no to need our own forum

-Nick

·
Registered
242 Posts
So, the Cosworth intake won't work on a 2005 2.0 PZEV? I debating on getting that one...

·
Registered
7,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well good and bad. While the 2.0L with a Cosworth is a detriment to making power, its not bad for making BIG power. You just need to get to 150+ hp to need more required air flow. So we can possibly get to 140-150 hp without any trouble. I'd like a better intake though to take a small 35hp shot of nitrous.

I also wonder how well a mild cam will work with our head and exhaust.
good luck
-bix

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
I'd like a better intake though to take a small 35hp shot of nitrous.
Nitrous and plastic intakes = BOOM.

Nitrous and cosworth intake = Yeah!!!!

YOu could physically install all the cosworth parts on your 2.0 but you would need a tune to run them. If you want to buy the cosworth manifold, get in touch with walter marcy and he could tune it to work for you.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
What if situation (follow me on this): Now, you can put the cossie intake mani on our cars. AND you can also (eventually) get a turbo for our engines. If we had both, would running that much forced air flow into the Cossie put us to where we want to be? Meaning make the Cossie work for our cars.

·
Banned
2,115 Posts
What if situation (follow me on this): Now, you can put the cossie intake mani on our cars. AND you can also (eventually) get a turbo for our engines. If we had both, would running that much forced air flow into the Cossie put us to where we want to be? Meaning make the Cossie work for our cars.
only catch is cosworth is all about built N/A not forced induction, thats why the packages are how they are its easy to slap on a turbo and get number but unlocking the n/a potential of the 2.0 seems like a not bad idea either.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Cossie is working on power packages for the 2.0. Look out for them, they should be releasing in a few months.

·
Registered
7,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cossie is working on power packages for the 2.0. Look out for them, they should be releasing in a few months.
Cool, I'll be waiting for me. I finally got a good look at the engine tranny et. al. Its quite compact and well designed. One thing would probably be the exhausts the DINKY 1.5ish exhaust with 2! cats and 2! muffles make the car sneaky quiet, but probably kill power.
-bix

1 - 17 of 17 Posts