Ford Focus Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what i want to know is some info on these...like why are they better, if they are, whats the hp and turque rating and if the gains are canceled out by its weight, i mean is it heavier than the zetec. also, does anyone have a clue about its tunerability...for example, will ppl see bigger increase in hp and turque with the same mods as on zetec?? and last but not least, if it is better, how hard would it be to swap one into a zetec focus? thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
Some of those equations are unknown.. Like how the aftermarket will play out. As it stands, the Zetec has more aftermarket... but that only makes sense as it has been around a lot longer. I would expect the aftermarket to pick up pretty quick with places like www.duratecperformance.com

Ratings are: 148hp, 152tq according to some older info. I don't know if those are the final specs.

The engine is about 50lbs lighter due to all aluminum construct vs. the iron block Zetec.

From what I've heard, the head itself is also a very good flowing unit. Somebody said the numbers were better than the SVT Zetec head... But those are rumor that I haven't verified myself.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
thevalves Are 35mm intake and 32mm exhaust

vs the ~33mm and ~30mm for the SVT. I think.

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
On a side note, I was just browsing dealer inventories in California around me... there are TONS of them on the lots.. even in 5 speed form!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Anybody know what the economy numbers are like compared to the Zetec?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Another quality Duratec-only website is http://www.duratecperformance.co.uk Be sure to check out the "Main Index" page.

The Europeans and UK have had the Duratec for a few more years than the U.S. A race-dedicated engine builder in the States is Circle Performance in Mass. Check out their website at http://www.circleperformance.com

Circle Performance has dynoed their stock Duratecs to 200 h.p. and to 270 h.p. with the addition of stronger rods and higher compression pistons but stock cams and no headwork. Their targeted h.p. for a naturally aspirated engine is mid 300s.

Of course if you are looking at hard-core racing, check out the Mazda version...
1000 h.p. Drag Car...NHRA Compact Drags
http://www.nhrasportcompact.com/2002/news/110601.html

Thanks and regards,
Gerry Dedonis "KSGerry"
Special Projects Coordinator
[email protected]
Kansas Racing Products
Chapman, Kansas
V...785-922-6644
F...785-922-6684
http://www.kansasracingproducts.com

PS...Stock Duratec and Zetec engines for sale. Discounts for FJ members. Write me for details.
Gerry

[ 04-01-2003, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: KSGerry ]

·
Registered
61 Posts
...and 24/30 with the auto according the pictures OmniFocus posted in the other thread.

[ 04-01-2003, 01:20 PM: Message edited by: hamoi ]

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Originally posted by hamoi:
...and 24/30 with the auto according the pictures OmniFocus posted in the other thread.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">yes for the Automatic.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Originally posted by OmniFocus:

Ratings are: 148hp, 152tq according to some older info. I don't know if those are the final specs.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I just saw a brochure at an area dealer that said 145 hp. I forget torque.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Originally posted by darkness:
Anybody know what the economy numbers are like compared to the Zetec?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">25/33 with the MXT75.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Originally posted by ivan-the-terrible:
any interchangeble parts between the ztec and the new engine? it would be cool if the head was interchangeble without too much work
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Intake and exhausts have swapped sides. Exhaust comes out on the firewall side, intake is on the front bumper side.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.