Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Car Czar of Death
4,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I talked to Dennis at FC today, they have a prototype race header and flex pipe, adding 15whp and 13wtq, the car is at 174whp and has 152wtq at 2000rpms

i have to go buy me a 2.3 now!!!

·
Registered
723 Posts
holy crap!

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
you could've waited ONE DAY to tell me this couldn't you? today's laundry day, so for the next few hours, I wot' have any clean pants to wear

·
Registered
803 Posts
Wait a minute... So a stock 2.3l is 148hp at the pulleys, what is on the car that would bring it up to 174whp?

·
Inheritly Sinister
12,926 Posts
Wait a minute... So a stock 2.3l is 148hp at the pulleys, what is on the car that would bring it up to 174whp?
From CTZX3's reports, FC progress has been this:

Stock: 134whp
+Intake: 148whp
+2.5" exhaust: 155whp
+race header, flex pipe: 174whp

Those stock numbers seem a little high, but if in the end, consumer end products do this, its super sweet.

Kudos to them, and FS and DP, for developing parts.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Not totally sure, but I think they have a cold-air intake, a cat-back exhaust, the flex pipe and header, a throttle body, underdrive pullies and a mass-air setup...Im not sure what else, though...But I think Im missing something...

·
Car Czar of Death
4,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Those stock numbers seem a little high, but if in the end, consumer end products do this, its super sweet.

thats pretty much it, i think the new MAFS is on the car too

and to think, cam gears and cams will be next, should be well over 200whp

im gonna order my 2005 C1 focus now!!

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
but think, FC has their own private dyno...and as you saw (or know from ownin 1) the sprockets are inside the valve cover. i can only imagine the time in tuning them due to that amount of labor over and over again. instead of makin 12 passes in an hr, say 5 or 6 if your lucky???

so its likely the same deal as the zetec...they've got about 40-50whp on every1 NA when it gets down to it.

-Ult

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
im gonna order my 2005 C1 focus now!!
You will have to go to europe.
Details, details...
fall 2004 the C1 focus will debut in europe.

We (US) should have a facelifted Focus spring 2004, with all Duratec 2.3 and 2.0 engines.

C1 may arrive here in 2006. May

·
Registered
1,859 Posts

Good lord. All that from simple bolt ons? Ford you evil, evil fools.

·
Registered
304 Posts
C1???? That's a focus??? Do tell me more about this mysterious focus of which I have yet to hear of until now.

So 174 with intake, full exhaust and header huh.... hmm.... I like the sound of it. It sounds to me my 481-507 whp goal is easily achievable with turbo!!! I like it very much!!!! Muahahahahahahhaha I can't wait till next year!!!!

But still do tell me what a Focus C1 is all about!!

BTW Joe what is an STS or STX??

-Patrick-

·
Registered
106 Posts

So is this on race gas (100 or higher octane) or not? I heard that FC has a tendancy to run their parts on race gas for testing purposes to gain whp, that doesn't show up for consumers. Any truth to this fact?

·
Premium Member
5,524 Posts
BTW Joe what is an STS or STX??
Thats my autocross class. I have to run OEM cats in STS. But if I were to replace them with a high flow, I would have to go up in the ranks to STX.
I believe you get something like 2 inches to play with when re-locating the cat in STX. In ZTEC terms that means you still have to run a shorty header but can run something like the Random Tech, Bosal (did they ever release it?) or FC high-flow cat. No race header for the ZTEC in STX. I doubt any "race" headers for the Duratec will be STX legal either. I think you're going to be stuck there until going to SP or higher.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts