Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a 2.3l focus motor for cheap at a junk yard. It car has frame damage from a rear impact. To swap the motor into a zx3 what else should I pull off the car to make it as simple as possible? I know the intake manifold is different so ill grap that. Can I get away with using my ecu if I have fswerks flash tune it?
or if someone can give me a link to a write up on the entire swap that would be great. I'm kind of new to the forum and having trouble finding exactly what I need to know.

·
Registered
402 Posts
im going to assume your car is an 05-07 2.0 ?

if so , you can re use your 2.0 manifold , and the car should run ok with stock tune.

if you use your 2.0 intake you should also use your 2.0 dipstick.

the passenger side engine mount needs to be shimmed up half an inch with spacers.

youll probably have to uses for 2.0 valve cover , i think the fittings are different.

other than that its pretty much pull out the old engine , swap things over to the new engine and bolt it in and go.

i did a 2.3 to 2.3 swap in one of my cars , i left the core support, headlights ,radiator and all that junk in , engine came out the top just fine , went back in a little harder without moving all the stuff. if your car has ac , i would recommend pulling the core support so u can install the engine with the ac comp installed cuz once its in its very very hard to get the ac lines back on the pump.

i also pulled the engine and tranny in one peice and reinstalled it that way.

make sure everything is tight , cuz it sucks to find out once your engine is back bolted in the car you have loose connections in tough to reach places.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts