Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well worth doing; pulls much harder, revs quicker, response is excellent. Total cost was just over $350 ($200 CAI, $100 manifold, $50 TB).

UDP next week...

·
Registered
411 Posts
I have iceman + 2000 manifold(come w/ car
) UPD and cat-back. I don't know about the 2000 manifold thingy as I have it since day 1, but UPD should give you the biggest gain.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
udp is nice, but exh help has 2 b bar-none, the biggest help 2 this car that most go after. (yes the manifold itself has been a choke, just took the masses a long time 2 figure that 1 out, but 2 any1 that understood it, the stock design left much 2 b desired.) the really good mods r 1s that continue 2 help as u put more on.

-Ult

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got the intake from my parts department--it may have been a bit over $100--like 105 or something.

It pays to work for a dealersip--sometimes

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
you have to look at the hole picture he did it right he put on a intake, tb, and manifold now he no longer has to worry about flow into the engine but next i would recommend a full exhaust header, flex, cat back and then do some head work. make it all flow and you will really grin. oh yeah and while your at it work on your fuel nice high flow feul rail bigger injectors and mass air would just complete the total package. biggest thing to remember is air feul and spark get these all taken care of and your golden your on your way to a great set up can't wait to here about more mods good luck

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ult and Egg pm'd me; I'm pretty sure I can hook you up with manifolds at my cost. I'll try to get the $$$ that I pay on Monday and post it here--then ya'll can PM me if interested.

[ 02-14-2003, 10:27 PM: Message edited by: Auto-X-ZTS ]

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I paid $115.97 for the intake--can get more...

PN YS4Z-9424-CA

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ported the TB, not the intake. lots of posts here w/ photos on TB porting. Mine already on, so cant take pic for you

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
most people just bore the hole 4 the TB, more aggressive is 2 lob more epoxy on ur runners right b4 they meet the head and thus b able 2 grind out those tumors in the runner just b4 they meet the head.

-Ult

1 - 13 of 13 Posts