Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past few months I've had a 2002 intake manifold on my car cause i thought my 2000 manifold was messed up. It was actually the air idle control sensor that was bad. Any ways, over the weekened chris aka ctzx3 helped me put back on my 2000 intake manifold which he ported for me and holy cow! My last dyno showed 142 and the car feels totally different from 4000 - 6700rpm. All you guys with the 2002 style manifolds should definitly get a 2000 manifold thats been ported and bored to match your focus central throttle bodies. Im pretty sure on the dyno i am gonna see a nice difference. Talk to ctzx3 about getting a 2000, cause he has a bunch just sitting at his house. The job takes about an hour. After doing it a bunch of times me and chris got it down to 30 minutes.

[ 10-15-2002, 01:18 PM: Message edited by: GospeedracerGo ]

·
Registered
198 Posts
What are you charging for manifold and porting?

Stay focused

02/ZTS/Automagic

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Originally posted by Zetec-S:
What are you charging for manifold and porting?

Stay focused

02/ZTS/Automagic
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I'm interested in the same
How much are you charging right now?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
12,435 Posts
Please PM ctzx3 any mention of prices will get this thread locked.

·
Super Moderator
12,435 Posts
Originally posted by Focus Fury:
Yeah dude, what's your price? IM me...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Look at his profile and click on his hompage.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Ok, so you just port this like you do a Throttle Body? With regular Dremel bits?

I have not looked at one inside so I don't know how much can be taken out but I am sure in a boost application you need to keep a little bit more meat on there?

Also, any tips on removing the stock Intake manifold? From the top or bottom? I never took that off!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Chris post pics to show the difference in the 2000 and 2002 design. The runners on the 2000 are longer. My car feels like its getting the air its been starving for.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Must guys bore out the opening where the throttle body sits on the manifold. Since chris has the manifolds off the car. He can port the runners where the manifold meets the head. Larger runners equals more air. More air equals more power. riiiiggght

·
Registered
411 Posts
So what's the diff between stock 2000 and 2002 manifold? I remember seeing that 2000 manifold flow alot better than 2002 one, but anyone have some exact #?

·
Car Czar of Death
4,784 Posts
please PM me for pricing.

here is a pic of the early 2000 model one, it was only available on cars built in 1999.

Focus Central dynoed these, and they added about 5hp.

[ 10-15-2002, 04:09 PM: Message edited by: CTZX3 ]

·
Registered
395 Posts
I have been meaning to ask this for a while with all the posts about it...

You all say that the cars built in '99 have the first gen intake manifold. Well is that the mexican zx3's too or just the sedans? (As I recall the early wagons just had cvh engines right?)

I have two ZX3's one manufactured Monday October 11th 1999 and another made Wednesday May 10th 2000. Neither have the first generation intake.

So I guess I just spoiled your theory of the Oct 99 cars having the good intake. Did they not use those in Mehico?

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I have a slip that says my Focus was manufactured on Oct 11th 1999. I have the +5hp intake manifold on mine. CTZX3, if I was interested, then you would take my 2000 intake manifold and port/bore it out? Is that what you are saying that you are doing?

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Originally posted by 2xZx3:
I have been meaning to ask this for a while with all the posts about it...

You all say that the cars built in '99 have the first gen intake manifold. Well is that the mexican zx3's too or just the sedans? (As I recall the early wagons just had cvh engines right?)

I have two ZX3's one manufactured Monday October 11th 1999 and another made Wednesday May 10th 2000. Neither have the first generation intake.

So I guess I just spoiled your theory of the Oct 99 cars having the good intake. Did they not use those in Mehico?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">if I remember right, all ZX3s are made in mexico, sedans in wayne. or at least the greater proportion like that. but im not sure. anyways, are you sure you dont have the 2000 manifold?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Doesanybody know the part number for the early intake? I called the local dealer and he wants the engineering # off of it to cross it over
He told me it either starts with
988f or
WS4E
Any of you guys with the "good" manifold, can you help a newbie out!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts