Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today my car under went some nice modifications..As you all read from my preivours thread..I had a bad vacuum leak..that was fixed..

I had installed a early 2000 Intake Manifold (ordered from ford for $180 shipped) I recieved it and put in a good 2 hours porting this thing in every way possible..(no pics sorry
) The whole was perfectly mathced to my 65mm FC TB..and the openings on the runners were widened and rough edges smoothed...Also a lump in the manifold right near the opening for the TB..It was all shaved off with a dremel..(no melting,no mess..easy..) Then of course I vacummed all the crap out and then polished it..came out very smooth...

Comparing the two side to side (WOW!) the one I had on there the 2001 mani..eewww yucck! what and ugly design compared to the early 2000...just by looking inside you can tell why it makes more power..the 2000 is smooth and straight down and seperate runner pipes....the 2001 right away has a big big lump that the air must travel over at the opening..and is like one big huge mold..anywho..yes its noticible why the old one is better..

The Power- Yeeeesssss!! Im in love with my car once again!! Made a huge differnece with the rest of my mods..once you hit about 3000RPM you can really feel this thing and once you hit 4000+woooo woooww! The power is awsome! and the sound iss sooo bitchin with the tb,intake,exhaust components...For $180 I say yesss helll yess go ahead and do this mod!! I will be going to the dyno when I recieve my pro-flow 70mm MAFS..before I put it on though I will dyno to see what the intake manifold added alone...see if the 5whp gain is true or not
but I deffently feel the change!

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Im usually right on with my power estimations after all the mods and time Ivwe been on the dyno..I can more or less accuratly tell you how much it added...
I my first dyno I guessed 115whp and 115tq..I hit 114whp and 114tq..my 2nd dyno I guessed 129whp and 120tq..I hit 127whp and 119tq..my 3rd dyno I guessed 140whp and 130tq...I hit 140whp and 128tq..Im gonna say with the intake manifold Im at 146whp and 135tq...this is still with no tunning! and no chip or head work...with the pro flow and tunning 150whp will be easy...no chip or head work needed for 150whp+

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I must say on my drive to work I was doing various testing..and Im still very impressed! Deffintly gained some tq and nice high end as well..this is one of those entire RPM range modifications...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Originally posted by CasperSE+:
Can you PM with a price for a ported one CTZX3?

Thank you,

BJ
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">P.M. me also please!!

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
hey man im seling my sensor is classifiends if you want, complete kit with iceman intake tube cheap

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by nazthug:
hey man im seling my sensor is classifiends if you want, complete kit with iceman intake tube cheap
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Ill take the sensor off you..dont need the rest of the kit..lemme know..

·
Registered
411 Posts
zetecinside
Congrats Vince. Another reason for me to keep my 99/00 ZX3.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Same here, but I am surprise the 2000 manifold make that much diff.

·
is THE most interesting man in the world!
3,514 Posts
I thought I would post some pics of the 2000 manifold and 2001 manifold side by side. You can really tell the difference.

·
3,514 Posts
A few more>>>>

Side by side, 2000 is on the left.

Finally found a way to get to the oil filter from the top!

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
you have this on your car now?sissy...

·
3,514 Posts
Originally posted by FocusOnMyZeTec:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">No, I just pulled mine to compare the two. I put the crappy one back on.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by airforcefocus:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by FocusOnMyZeTec:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">No, I just pulled mine to compare the two. I put the crappy one back on.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">why would you go through all that trouble and not install the new one...I tell ya man...I knew your car was slow...but your slow too?

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
So what's the big differance?
call me stupid, but does it really flow alot better?
i dunno..i don't see much of a change except that it looks like it is a two piece construction??
Please fill me in

john-

1 - 20 of 38 Posts