Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know everyone seems to be goin to a 2000 intake manifold, the question i have is whats the diff between years?

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
they used the euro version on US cars built in 1999 and thru about april 2000 (all these will considered yr 2000 models), may 2000 and on in almost all cases got the newer (crappier) version. smoother runners as opposed to the runners b'g mashed together in the mold. newer has a nasty bump down in the throat as well (kinda like the tb's). the y2k's alleviate these issues, and is a definite gain no question. ported or not.

-Ult

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
glad my zx3 is a 2000 then

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i dunno,,,,im at work and cant look at my car....what date did they make um up to? and ill check after work.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
see above post, i'll try and dig up a pick of both b4 i leave so you can eye-ball it (any1 have those pix that ctzx3 and other took of each side by side)

-Ult

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
im sure its 5 oclock somewhere rite? so if i left now and checked my car my boss shouldnt mind that much rite? lol,,,u can def. tell the diff from the two. i really wanna go look to see if i got shafted or not. im gunna be angry if i did lol

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
great news...my car was man. in april of 2000,,so i opened the hood and what do i see? lol,,,i got the good manifold...now,,,what is everyone doin to port it?

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
cool, i wouldnt port it right now, lotta work..wait til you have some other stuff done for now. its somethin you dont wanna get 1/2 way into or screw up.

worry bout porting your TB next, cheap/easy mod that worx. you can get this done b4 you run him w/o more than 5bux cash outlay.

http://tiger.towson.edu/~rwarfi1/portedTB.html

here's my page on doin that. i'll give you more info this evening.

between havin the mani, port your tb, and maybe a k+n filter, and if you have some bread...an intake and/or udp could make things real interesting.

-Ult

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Ult, don't forget EXHalation as well....

(Bosal)

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
yeh, but he's prolly short on bread right now, cant do too much...besides...anythin he can get w/o much cash or free mods will help him run better against his buddies car.

gain from mani is about 3-5hp...however it continues to help as you move up and up the scale...til about 150whp and beyond, where its design period holds it back (not designed for monsterous top end).

-Ult

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Hey Ult- How would you rate the difficulty of the swap? About how long does it take? Thanks

Lox

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
difficulty (1st time)-hard seek experienced help (for most)

time (1st time)-5:00pm-2:00am

-Ult

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ill prolly wont even worry bout the port on the intake mani. for a while...ill end up just buyin a larger tb, dont want to worry bout messin anything up. lol...o and Ult,,bout my buddy...he tried draggin an off duty sherriff..so he wont be drivin for a while. this is y u do this stuff on the track and not the street...

·
Registered
143 Posts
...o and Ult,,bout my buddy...he tried draggin an off duty sherriff..so he wont be drivin for a while. this is y u do this stuff on the track and not the street...
Smooooooooth

Who won

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
lol,,,apparently not him lol

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
this will probably be my next (performance) mod. maybe in october.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts