Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what you have to do to completely port it? Not just port for the throttle body, but for flow.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Here, I posted this the other day:
As for porting, you're going to port the ends of all the runners. Best tool is a Dermel. What you want to do it port the bottom half to till you get comfortablly close to that green o-ring. Porting the top half doesn't do anything because that lip in the top part of the runner is for the fuel injector, so that would be retarded. Is you have a 65mm TB (or 70mm), your also going to need to port the top on the manifold so you won't have any interference with your butterfly and it will just make it flow better since your matching diameters a little better.
Here's a little how-to I made when you get around to taking off and putting stuff back on:
http://www.focaljet.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB2&Number=670850&fpart=&PHPSESSID=

If you want to talk to the person that has had the most experience porting early 2000 intake manifolds, PM TRUenemy00

·
Registered
126 Posts
Are you guys checking to make sure all this porting matches the ports in the head? You don't want a mismatch. If anything the intake ports should be a little smaller than those in the head (unless youknow they exactly line up) to prevent reversion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts