Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a 03 ZX3 with 45000 miels on it for about two years now when I run the AC and drive in stop and go trafic for more then 10 min my car idles at about 2000 rpm and then it slowly drops to about 800. With the AC off in hot weather it idles about 1400 and in about 30 sec it drops to 500. Whats going on with my car!

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
HA i'll be sitting at a redlight w/ nothing on at all. I will be idling at normal RPMS and all of a sudden it will jump to 2,100. It is probably the TPS. Lets hope for gods sake

·
Registered
742 Posts
yeah, ever since I put my turbo on my idle's all fruity. If I'm at like a thousand rpm in 4th gear and I throw it in idle the idle will jump to 1700 or something, either I have a leak somewhere or it's the tps.

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
can i fix this problem by replacing the throttle body? I want a focus sport one anyways. Will the new throttle body come w/ a new TPS i would think it does.

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Sounds like a vacuum leak.

Check your vac lines.

- Drew

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
The engine strategy is supposed to open up the IACV more when the AC is on. Perhaps its opening too far. It is adjusting down so at least it recognizes the error. I would try cleaning the MAFS or better yet, switching it with a friend's. If that dosent fix it, its probablly TPS or IACV.

i don't think unplugging the TPS will reset it
we're not reseting it, we're taking it out of the equation. Without a signal, the ECU has to rely soley on the MAFS, IACV, and CPS.

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
DPFE lines come from the EGR pipe. On the back of the intake manifold you will see 4 or five lines of varying sizes. Those are the vac lines. One goes to the brake booster, one to EGR, one to EVAP, one to the FPRS, and one to the PCV.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts