Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has the 2001 Focus been recalled the most? I think that everything is messed up in my car. The cruise control does not work any more. I can not find a fuse for it. The check engine light is always on. I have this moderate screeching noise that comes on the moment I give it gas. It is getting worse too. The thermostat housing blew so when I fixed that, the check engine light was gone. Its back now. Any ideas?

·
███████
2,662 Posts
the cruise controll is a current recall on select fords, My suggestion to you is to call a ford dealer and have them run what they call an "OASIS" to see if your vin# is affected
the squeal noise your hearing is probably the fuel pump going bad..... good luck !

·
Registered
11,255 Posts
If the check engine light is on, then you need to have your car scanned by a computer at the dealership or a shop. Only then will you be able to "start" to find out what is really wrong (from a sensor to a massive part).

As for the screeching noise, it could really be a variety of things. You have to start pinpointing how it starts...for example, does it do it when you accelerate? slow down? highway speeds? etc.

If there were any safety recalls, you would have received a letter from Ford...provided you are the owner on file with Ford. Best thing to do is to check with your local Ford dealer to run your vehicle identification number through their system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts