Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to VENT....

You've GOT to be kidding me. I could feel my blood boiling as I was closing the factory installed sunroof and I noticed the paint bubbling. Sure enough, there was rust forming underneath. I'm hoping and praying that it perforates before the warranty is up so I take it back to the dealer and tell them do something.

May God strike me dead before I ever buy another American car (let alone a Ford). It was the stupidest move.... I had a perfect Civic humming along with nary an issue and I had to go and F^&k it up by getting a Focus.

Ok so let's round out the list shall we?

1. RUST!
2. Leaking power steering pump
3. Four damned recalls
4. Two DPFE sensors (STILL hesistates)
5. A dieing fuel pump
6. Tearing seat fabric
7. Worn front sway bar end-links
8. Bad spark plug wires
9. Two dead radios
10. HORRENDOUS customer service at 3 different dealers.

I have successfully stopped three people from buying a Focus and to anyone reading this who doesn't own one, PLEASE don't the same mistake I did.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
You better find a way to get it to rust through, because, as you know, that's the only way they'll fix it. I had to replace a bulb in my RH taillamp on my SE and what do I find, rust starting to permeate a body fold/seam/weld where you would never find it unless you look - and I look.

Hey, the next time you're under the car, look at the front subframe and see how much it's starting to rust - I don't mean just normal corrosion, I mean rust. Yes it's coated, but like anything else it's exposed to salt in the winter and only held up for a year; and a year seems to be the magic number for Ford and rust (er, rust-through, so who cares about the inherent quality and customer satisfaction?).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts