Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told i could buy just the tps for the manual but for the automatic i got to buy the whole throttle body? Does this make sense? The manual TPS 2 screws into the side of the throttle body and is actuated by the throttlebody linkage. I took off a tps from the used (new car to me) so in theory they put on a manual Throttle body to an automatic. Can this even be true?
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Material property Steering wheel Gas
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Bumper Automotive exterior

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
update...Previous owner put in a manual tps for an Automatic! But tgh every part store when detectiving the problem all said its for a manual but there was none for an automatic! But get this...You have to buy the whole throttle body with the tps for an automatic but while playing detective we did find a part for the TB but it wasnt called a TPS at Oreilys. Only store that got me close cause that looks identicle. we did VIN and everything. So i paid a lil bit more ($40 more) for the whole TB assembly with what i would call a tps from rock auto and the thing has turned around from the dead and alive now. Shifting too is good. WOW-what an ordeal

1 - 2 of 2 Posts