Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOW!! I want one. I have put about 600 miles on the rental this weekend. At 160kmh/100mph the beast gets 23.2 mpg with a full load. Tourque is unreal fron the 4L V8 TDi motor. The Navigation system is very useful but a PIA at times. Seats are nice but a little wide. The tires are a little loud for a MB. Drives like a sporty truck not a sporty MB. Big fat tires=Big fat $$$. Sunroof is very nice and big. No zenon lights:( Finally figured out the cruise control. Clunky takeoff even for a truck. Had a bucking issue once like you have when someone is learning to drive a manual for the first time. Punch it and it goes likme mad hell once the turbo spools up. Top speed has not been deturmined yet, but it has been to 220kph. Brakes are good but nose-dives bad when at speed, very un-MB like. Verdict: If you can get better spring rates for it and find one in the US buy it, no other SUV gets 23-26 mpg and has AWD and TQ to pull a house down.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Well, we won't see that one in the US for smoe time, if ever.
I swear though...it's diesels that could make so much sense for SUVs in the US.

Ed

·
Registered
759 Posts
the last tim e i talked to am MB dealer they said 2004-2006 for MB to bring it's Diesels back to the USA, he said they stopped selling them here b/c they wont run on our low quality Diesel, the high sulfur content in US diesel detroys emissions equipment

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bring on the Durango Cummings and I will forget about the ML400CDi!!

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Originally posted by focalBlur:
the last tim e i talked to am MB dealer they said 2004-2006 for MB to bring it's Diesels back to the USA, he said they stopped selling them here b/c they wont run on our low quality Diesel, the high sulfur content in US diesel detroys emissions equipment
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You can get MB Diesels in the US now. The Dodge Sprinter has one, and the Jeep Liberty will soon.

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
Originally posted by focalBlur:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Word, Low sulfur fuel rocks!

Bring on the boost baby!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I live near the MB M-Class Assembly Plant. I have toured it several times. It is frustrating to see the diesels going down the assy line, then they are shipped off to parts unknown. If they offered it here in the USA and in 2WD, it would be something to consider.

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I turned in the keys this morning. I now miss this car. The 270 I could not get rid of fast enough, but this thing I wish I could have had for longer. The fastest I had it was 230kph/143mph (traffic limited). Probably not much faster than that. At his speed milage suffered to 9.8 mpg. Got it into some twisties and the beast does swim but still holds to the road like glue. It gets dirty fast on the inside but the carpet is pretty easy to clean. The wood dash kit looks cheesy and I would have liked black or carbon inserts instead. The auto dimming rear view mirror was fast and very nice feature to have. The thing is a little pricey to fill up($110) but that is at the euro rates. The comuter says it gets 480miles per tank but I am not sure with my lead foot. It has airbags all over the place, front rear and sides, I lost count. The sunroof is large and works well when opening with one touch. Closing on the other hand needs constant pressure. All in all IF I had $72,000 to spend on a car I would buy this one but add the xenon and park distance for the wife and a rear tire mount.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts