Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what can you tell me about this car? may dad is thinking about buying one. we have planed to test drive on on sat.
show me any links you know of and/or resourses.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks.

but i am kinda mad that only one person responed. what is up with you fj ppl?

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
The Vibe's leather seats are the most comfortable set of seats I've every sat in.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I was looking into getting the Vibe GT at one time. I test drove one that was loaded and was black in color. Really it's not a bad car. It actually has more interior space IMHO than my ZX3 does. Overall it's a pretty decent car. But I would go for the Toyota Matrix instead of the Vibe. The Vibe reminds me too much of the Pontiac Azz Tick.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Yeah I was looking at the Vibe, Matrix, and SVTF. I was lucky enough to get to drive all three. I liked the Vibe the least, real comfortable seats and cool inside, but not too fun to drive besides the entertainment on the inside. I would tell your dad to look into the Matrix. Also if your are tall you may not like the Vibe. Im 6'4 and could not see myself driving that thing everday...I ended up with a SVT F, but thats cause I wanted more perfromance than the other two were offering. Good luck!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Most of the reviews say you have to rev the piss out of the car to get it to move out. The power of this engine (180 hp) is up so high on the tach, that it detracts from the driving experience. Test drive it first.

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
Originally posted by Ford5pointoh:
Most of the reviews say you have to rev the piss out of the car to get it to move out. The power of this engine (180 hp) is up so high on the tach, that it detracts from the driving experience. Test drive it first.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I agree about the reviews that the engine has to be revved extremely high to get the power down.It seems the Japanese car manufacturers (Honda and Toyota)are making motors that will reach peak horsepower in the 7500 to 9000 rpm range almost like motorcycle engines.
I would recommend that your Dad take it out for a long test drive and see how it feels.If he decides on an automatic the engine power will be 130 hp compared to 180 hp for the manual shift GT model but it could be more satisfying to drive on a daily basis.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
gm has a thingy going on starting april 15 where you can take a vehicle home overnight. i will get him to take one home. i will also try to get him into a 5door svt focus

·
Banned
147 Posts
Originally posted by zx3 focus racer:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by MrJingles:
It's slow.

Cool outlet, though.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">the gt??? it has 180 hp and 130lbs. and it ways about the same as the focus</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I raced one with my SVTF. I completely annihilated the guy 3 times by AT LEAST 4 car lengths.

The Vibe/Matrix max hp is so far into the tach that they just don't make enough power down low to catch a cold.

[ 04-12-2003, 07:49 PM: Message edited by: MrJingles ]

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by MrJingles:
It's slow.

Cool outlet, though.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">the gt??? it has 180 hp and 130lbs. and it ways about the same as the focus

·
Registered
5 Posts
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by zx3 focus racer:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by MrJingles:
It's slow.

Cool outlet, though.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">the gt??? it has 180 hp and 130lbs. and it ways about the same as the focus</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I raced one with my SVTF. I completely annihilated the guy 3 times by AT LEAST 4 car lengths.

The Vibe/Matrix max hp is so far into the tach that they just don't make enough power down low to catch a cold.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Keywords: "the guy."
Ever think the guy was a lousy driver? I have a Matrix XRS (which is the 180hp trim), and once it hits 6000 RPM, it's like a turbo all the way up to 8200. And up until the 6K, it still feels faster than my ZX3.

·
Banned
147 Posts
Originally posted by zx3 focus racer:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial"> I raced one with my SVTF. I completely annihilated the guy 3 times by AT LEAST 4 car lengths.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">@ the track of course</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I state vague sentences like the one above to avoid the censor police.

·
Registered
481 Posts
If you look at the Vibe/Matrix GM has $2000 rebate going last I looked. Toyota doesn't. Same car, $2K cheaper.
ALSO, Toyota DID NOT make the engine for the GT. It is a Yamaha made engine. Yes, the same company that gave us the Ford Tarus SHO plant.
The problem that I saw with the Vibe/Matrix is that it does NOT have independent rear suspension. That is unless you buy the AWD model with 130hp. and the smaller gas tank.
Cheers.

·
Registered
266 Posts
It's slow.

Cool outlet, though.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

There not to slow considering I saw one at the track with just an exhaust run 15.30 with a little wheel spin at launch.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I agree, the numbers are nice on that motor - but the power isn't where you want it to be. Plus, the interior is terrible - I don't like the design at all.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Since everyone here is so concerned about power. Get the SRT-4. Its $25 bucks more than the ultra slow Vibe GT. Or save yourself some money and get the 2.5TS Impreza which would also take the Vibe straight line and utterly destroy it in the twisties. I'm not saying the Vibe is a bad car but for that kind of money you can do a WHOLE lot better. Jetta Wagon 1.8T is another to consider (same horsepower but FAR more torque, especially down low).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts