Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out this one...I received an email back from Sawgrass Ford in South Florida for a black SVT 5 door...MSRPis a little over 20 grand and they are offering it to me for:

Sale Price $17,869.00 including factory rebate on purchase, plus tax & tag.

Is this a good deal?

Here's a link to the window sticker: STICKER

·
Registered
286 Posts
Seems like a pretty decent deal. Not a steal, but pretty good none-the-less. Not sure how the 5 doors are selling in FL. You may want to shop around to be sure.
~Dave

·
Mr Know-It-All
11,241 Posts
Seems like they are just slicing off the rebates and passing the car to you unless I'm reading it wrong. I believe there's a $2000 cash rebate on the SVT right now, and on top of that, there's an extra $1000 bonus cash offered if you finance any portion of the car through Ford Credit. Do your homework to make sure those rebates apply in your area and then go in armed with that information.

I would expect that you could get the price down to $18k and then take the cash incentives out of it putting you in the $15,000 range. Then you'd be out the door for about the price that you quoted.

>8^)
ER

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
svt focus 777,

[Long story short]
I purchased my 2002 SVTF at Sawgrass Ford on Novemeber 8th,2002 and got a great deal from them but I did my homework first to make sure.There is a factory rebate on the SVTF's of I think $2000 plus Ford will give more if you finance your car through Ford Credit.The price you mentioned sounds like just the rebate off not a further dealer discount.Anyway if you want call my salesman there his name is Franklin Blenner @ (954)851-9000 and tell him that Jim Reiner mentioned to see him to get the best deal you can.Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Seems like they are just slicing off the rebates and passing the car to you unless I'm reading it wrong. I believe there's a $2000 cash rebate on the SVT right now, and on top of that, there's an extra $1000 bonus cash offered if you finance any portion of the car through Ford Credit. Do your homework to make sure those rebates apply in your area and then go in armed with that information.

I would expect that you could get the price down to $18k and then take the cash incentives out of it putting you in the $15,000 range. Then you'd be out the door for about the price that you quoted.

>8^)
ER
What he said.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I appreciate it dude. I'm waivering back and forth between the SRT-4 and the Focus. Both are around the same price, but that SRT-4 has some nice boost. Still haven't decided yet. I'll probably have to wait a bit and pay of the GT a little more before I do anything. I don't want to roll over 6 grand into the purchase price for being impatient. The payments now are killing me having recently purchased a new townhouse, but I'm stuck. So I'll wait and see.

·
Faster than a Cobra
16,008 Posts
Rebates might not be in effect again until late next year, so if you are going to wait it you might want to wait a full year.

And the SRT-4 and SVT are not exactly around the same price. Once you factor in the $2000 rebate from Ford and the $1000 rebate for financing through Ford Credit, the SVT is suddenly $3000 CHEAPER than an SRT-4. Making it WELL worth the money in my book.

·
Registered
619 Posts
And with the $3k you saved you can buy A SC or TC and REALLY not compare to the SR- in performance

1 - 8 of 8 Posts