Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as I saw in the editions of Automobile and Motor Trend I noticed that complete dash from the new F150 Lariat is the exact same dash that comes in the Mondeo ST 220. Looks like Ford is starting to borrow many parts from it's european market place.

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
ummm...isn't the f150 just a tad wider than the ST220? As long as ford NA keeps taking design and styling and performance cues from ford of europe, i'm a happy man.

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
Yeah, I don't think it's litterally the same dash... but the styling is probably exactly the same. Which is a good thing, since they look really good, especially compared to GMs.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Global Economies of Scale at work.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Global Economies of Scale at work.

If anyone has seen a European Ford Galaxy minivan up close, you'd be shocked how similar the Mercury Monterey/Ford Freestyle dash is. I'm glad US Ford interiors are starting to look more like their European counterparts.

Incidentally, the Galaxy's interior is heavily VW-based (seeing as how it's a twin of the VW Sharan), so there are some very heavy VW cues in the Freestyle/Monterey dash. No problem there!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts