Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading Edmunds.com's reviews of the ’04 Lancer Sportback thinking, "I kinda like this. 162 hp and 162 lbs/ft.of torque on the Ralliart version and 160/160 on the LS version. Looks promising."

My family and I have owned lots of Mitsubishi products in the past and I kinda like the Sportback's styling. However, then I got to this scentance:

Only one transmission is available in both Sportback models — an electronically controlled four-speed automatic transmission with driver-adaptive control.
What the hell are they thinking!?!?!?! No manual trans in the Galant, Diamate (Hello! – Acura TL Type S), and now, none for the Sportback. Also, after looking at this picture, does the front end remind anyone else of the Sunfire?

Anyway, here's the article.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
It does look like a sunfire, but Nissan is getting close to that too, just in order to make their logos bigger.

I think Mitsubishi's other mistake on this car is not offering AWD. They really have a chance to compete with the Subaru Impreza (all models) and they keep taking one step back.

I love wagons, but this one doesn't do much for me.

·
Registered
556 Posts
dang it now I have to go brush my teeth..I just lost my lunch
that thing is FUGLY...hope it's one of those "looks better in person" things

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Auto tranny=axis of evil.

·
Registered
556 Posts
hehehe it's a vulva...I mean volvo

·
Registered
641 Posts
I'll still test drive it. Not every ATX sucks, guys.

=dRe=

·
Registered
215 Posts
I actually really like it, but I too would be put off by the lack of a manual transmission. So far, nothing's come out recently to make me wanna trade in the 180hp Jetta Wagon 1.8T 5-speed that I have now.

Wagons rule, and the Sportback could have been a good one, but alas, not good enough.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
All i have to say is DAM, that is the ugliest thing, and the ralieart or wutever has alot more power then the base model

·
Registered
556 Posts
YES Smoke- those are wagons...Mitsu should take some notes

1 - 20 of 27 Posts