Ford Focus Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

· Registered
7,527 Posts
I like the new taillights

· Registered
52 Posts
It looks like an Altima becasue it is the same platform with different styling.

Still, the Max has its cult following. The old one sold fine even with a bigger Altima in 2002, I think Nissan fans will still buy it.

· Registered
234 Posts
Here's what I would tell Nissan:
Fix the C-Pillar, it looks lioke it fell down. Get rid of those goofy taillights, they don't work with that rear. Make the rear of the vehicle a little more smooth, not so bubble-like. I do like the rest of it though.

Brian

· Registered
10 Posts
i've always liked nissan's designs...i think this maxima is going to be like the one before it. doesnt look great in photos but looks good in person...and 270hp v6 with lsd..can more than make up for not so great looks on the outside.

jim P.

· Registered
2,307 Posts
I really didn't like the pics of the Maxima, but now that I see them driving around, I kinda dig them.

The front looks better than the one on the Z. Overall, a car that looks alot better in person than in print or on a screen.

· Registered
1,465 Posts
arent these already out? i KNOW i have seen some of these around my town. i even went to the nissan dealership near me a few weeks ago and they were there. or was it the o4 altima? if so then they look exactly the same...except this maxima seems to have umm "taillight brows". look at the pic...the tails look to have a vinyl strip across the top of them...hmm i dunno...whatever. its ugly to me anyway

· Don't Call Me Gaga!
31,810 Posts
Ummm...

Check out the top of the decklid... rotate the taillights around... The fender arches, the C-pillar. The large overhangs... Did they BREED?

[ 05-21-2003, 04:30 PM: Message edited by: OmniFocus ]

· Registered
3,293 Posts
After seeing it in person, I've changed my opinion. I think it looks pretty good.

Nissan has developed their own style if you ask me, and for the most part it's successful. I think the Murano is the best looking SUV out there right now.

The G35 is a great car, and although I'm not big on the sedan the Coupe is the sexiest thing on sale under 50 G's.

I'd take that baby in a heartbeat!

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.