Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
[FJ] Special Ed.
8,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Elanor kit is out for the 2005 model year of the Mustang. If you watched Gone in 60 Seconds, you would know that Elanor is a 1967 Shelby Mustang GT-500, the last car they steal because it scares the crap out of the person stealing it.

dear lord this thing is amazing!

the price tag... $12,900! but thats for paint, lower, install, wheels, everything.

around $3000 for just the kit.

AMAZING, what do you guys think.

-super edit, made that price tag the ACTUAL one-

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Re: 2005 elamore kit is here, took my breath away

Not really my cup of tea. Looks like it has the aero drag of the proverbial barn door.

The Shelby GT500 seems to have nailed the muscle look without going off the deep end.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts

Overall, it looks awesome. There are a few minor details that make the car look to modern. I would have changed the turn signals, mirrors, and a few other little things.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts

Ya, its just a little too busy looking. Each piece by itself isn't too bad, but together they just create too many different lines.

If you got rid of the hood, rear window scoops and maybe the rear wing, it'd look decent.

·
Ho, ho, ho... Green Giant
4,287 Posts

i don't know where you're getting your prices from, but the whole kit INSTALLED is $13,900 provided you let cervinis do it for you. that gets you all the body pieces (installed and painted), plus the wheels, tires, side exhaust, and i think some suspension (could be wrong). if you want everything for a DIY, it's around $7-8K. of course, i'm quoting US$ and you might be talking Canadian.

kit is a little too busy for me, but i like it. only thing i'd probably change is the ducktail in the back. WAY too high IMO (better pics at cervinis site to see what i'm talking about).

keep in mind, Eleanor is NOT what a GT500 looked like off the floor. Eleanor was a Foose rendition of the GT500. so this kit is a replica of a replica in a way. not to say that i don't like Eleanor, but a lot of people look at that car and think it's what a GT500 is supposed to look like.

Mike

·
I have wonderous butt cheeks
8,054 Posts

Is the side exhaust functional? Pretty cool if so.

Needs more fog light.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts

the REAL Eleanor is a 1973 Yellow and black Mach 1 Mustang

·
WRAWRRR, BEAR CLAW!
19,258 Posts

i don't know where you're getting your prices from, but the whole kit INSTALLED is $13,900 provided you let cervinis do it for you. that gets you all the body pieces (installed and painted), plus the wheels, tires, side exhaust, and i think some suspension (could be wrong). if you want everything for a DIY, it's around $7-8K. of course, i'm quoting US$ and you might be talking Canadian.

kit is a little too busy for me, but i like it. only thing i'd probably change is the ducktail in the back. WAY too high IMO (better pics at cervinis site to see what i'm talking about).

keep in mind, Eleanor is NOT what a GT500 looked like off the floor. Eleanor was a Foose rendition of the GT500. so this kit is a replica of a replica in a way. not to say that i don't like Eleanor, but a lot of people look at that car and think it's what a GT500 is supposed to look like.

Mike
Actually, Eleanor started out as a Steve Stanford concept.

·
4,287 Posts

Mike
Actually, Eleanor started out as a Steve Stanford concept.
oops! well, you get my point.....

Mike

·
4,287 Posts

*peter* ouch, my pride

Mike

·
Registered
275 Posts

NOT a good look for the 2oo5 Mustang

·
Registered
12,749 Posts

LOVE the hood, everything else seems like a stick on and not integrated enough.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts

Not really my cup of tea. Looks like it has the aero drag of the proverbial barn door.

The Shelby GT500 seems to have nailed the muscle look without going off the deep end.

·
[FJ] Special Ed.
8,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Mike
whoopsie doodle, I meant 13,900!!! I didnt have the window open and forgot ROFL.

the whole kit, painted and installed (along with painting the Mustang, 13,900)

·
Registered
3,969 Posts

i see certain things on that im definatly gonna look it to buying for mine.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts