Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any info for me on how i can switch out my yellow sidemarkers with the clear ones that i bought about 4 months ago? I cannot seem to find any way to get directly behind the sidemarker. I need some help!!!

·
I have wonderous butt cheeks
8,054 Posts
You shouldn't have any problem on the passenger side. The airbox is in the way on the driver side. I pulled out my entire airbox assembly (I have an 04, they are similar, but not identical) to get mine out, but the boys were saying that if you have nimble monkey hands, the twist nuts can be reached from the top of the engine bay. There are two nuts per marker light that hold the lights to the bumper from the backside.'

Welcome to the Jet by the way.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
i have small hands and i tried it from inside the engine bay and i wasnt able to or from under the car but i would say just take off the air box and do ti that way.

kyle

·
Registered
285 Posts
You definitly have to do it from underneath, after removing the splash guard. I had already pulled out the entire OEM induction system, so changing the side marker lights out was not a problem. I also installed a set of Straitjam (I believe is what they are called) amber LED bulbs that I picked up at Autozone. A buddy of mine that has an SRT-4 said ,after seeing the clear lenses on my silver focus, he was going to do his.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
i pulled off the whole splash guard(?) on the bottom, and took out a couple screws that connect the bumper to the wheel well splash gaurd and just pulled the bumper back enough to squeeze my hand in there. it was still pretty tough though and requires alot of patience. pulling the airbox may be the easiest way to do it though. installing these things on my pre 05 was way easier.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts