·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Here's a quote from your source on MyfordFocus
2005 Ford Focus: Redesigned on global platform shared with Mazda and Volvo through the internally dubbed C1 Technologies program. All-wheel drive will be offered.

And here's a recent "official" quote in the Focus News Forum
Ford U.S. won't get new Focus

By Mark Rechtin and Amy Wilson
Automotive News / August 25, 2003

Focus: America
YEAR SALES
2000: 286,166
2001: 264,414
2002: 243,199
2003: *140,044
*Through July
Source: Automotive News
In a reversal of course, Ford Motor Co. will not use the new global C1 compact car platform for the North American Focus until at least 2007. While the rest of the world will get a redesigned C1-based Focus next year, North America may never get the vehicle, executives have confirmed.
Hmmmm notice the bold words

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Re: 2005 SVT Focus: All wheel drive and turbocharger confirmed..

Check out this thread. It's not a complete confirmation, but it looks solid.

http://www.myfordfocus.com/forum/showthread.php3?s=&threadid=8845
No matter what you read, it's not going to happen for 05. I wouldn't expect it until sometime after 05,06,07 (??) when the SVTF gets hauled over. Unless something is officially released from Ford, don't believe it.

·
Registered
723 Posts

hell, i'd be happy if ford offered a SVTified 2.3 duratech in '05. it would be everything that is good and true about the current car but with even more power!
heh, i couldn't afford to get rid of my current car till then anyway

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Why hasn't someone imported the RS like what's being done with the Nissan Skyline GTR now? I assume because of the cost right? Is it legal to bring one over?

·
Registered
1,955 Posts

God, lock this now.

·
Registered
262 Posts
With Ford losses in the billions pray they don't ax SVT. On the other hand if they do perhaps our pocket rockets will be worth more going down the road.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
if any of you guys watch MSNBC news you would have seen this on there. I have seen it twice, its a short special on the all wheel drive 300 + turbo cosworth coming to the us in mid year 2004 as a 2005 model year.
I'll believe it when I see it. If it was true I think this would be all the rage on this site already.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Well if we do get it, which I doubt, then it will be about $25,000 or $26,000 or more. No thanks, a used 03 Cobra will be less to buy by then.

·
Registered
631 Posts

If it is anything like the rs, please god in car heaven let it come, than I would pay that. You are talking about something spectacular. They ask 19,000-21,000(
) for the svt as is. You are going to tell me that you won't pay 5-6 g more for awd(if it comes that way) and turbo/w warranty.

I guess to each his own. If it is anything like the type-r smoking, wrx stomping blue bullet on rails that was in, damn what is that british tuning show were they take rides out and test them while you watch? Then i am in.

·
Registered
83 Posts

If it is anything like the type-r smoking, wrx stomping blue bullet on rails that was in, damn what is that british tuning show were they take rides out and test them while you watch? Then i am in.
Isn't that TOP GEAR where that RS blew the wrx and the type r civic away in the road course by at least 4 or 5 seconds

·
Registered
170 Posts

If it is anything like the type-r smoking, wrx stomping blue bullet on rails that was in, damn what is that british tuning show were they take rides out and test them while you watch? Then i am in.
Isn't that TOP GEAR where that RS blew the wrx and the type r civic away in the road course by at least 4 or 5 seconds
Anyone have a video?

·
Registered
255 Posts

It's been posted many times... just search for it. If you can't find it, I can post it or email it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Well if we do get it, which I doubt, then it will be about $25,000 or $26,000 or more. No thanks, a used 03 Cobra will be less to buy by then.
An odd comparison. Cobra equals torque and straight line speed. Nothing more. It is an oaf of a car to throw around in curves. It is built on an outdated platform.

The Focus equals one of the most spectacular handling cars avaialable. If you add to this remarkable handling a turbo and an all wheel drive, and you still prefer the outdated, old platformed, poor handling, straight-line fast Cobra... I have to ask what you are even doing with a Focus in the first place.

These cars are so diffrent, I don't see how one would substitute for another, regardless of price.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
maybe because for some of us handling isn't everything we are looking for or maybe don't really care. I love the focus and it is a great car, but I personally am more into the V8's and had a 92' stang for a while. Why am I in the focus now and not a stang...personal reasons that I have discussed here before. My goal is this time next yr pay off the focus and have it as an everyday driver and buy a used 03' cobra for night and weekend driving. I am more a straight line driver...give me 500rwhp and 500lb torq and I am in love!!! And that comes very very cheap and easy with the cobra's. And ford built those motors right, finally!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts